TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Unhappy Today is just not my day. - January 26th 2015, 09:06 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Everyone has bad days, and I realize I'm no exception. Lately I've been having the worst time dealing with my depression. I haven't cut in a while, and I really don't want to slip up. I feel as though I'm a failure, not only to myself, but to my daughter, and my family. Recently I've decided to make a trip to see one of my friends, and my once supportive family, no longer supports my decision to go. Which makes it that much worse to try and make the plans to go. It's like I've been given and ultimatum that's impossible to deal with, and it makes the urge to cut that much worse. I just wish they could really see how much I truly need this. I wish they could tell how much this really means to me, and how I truly need their support so badly it's physically and mentally demanding. I have urges all the time, and normally I'm better at handling them. At the rate I'm going now, I think I'm going to give in, and I'd really hate for that to happen.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Today is just not my day. - January 26th 2015, 06:21 PM

You're not a failure, you're trying really hard to deal with things and trying doesn't equal a failure. It equals a strong and determined person. You said you don't want to give in, and the determination to stay self-harm free itself can carry you far in all of this.

It can be really hard to work through things when the people around you aren't too supportive. You deserve as much support as you can get right now because you can't do this alone. Communication is vital in any relationship, so perhaps you can tell your family that you're struggling and you don't feel like you're being supported. You can also tell them that this visit to see your friend means a lot more to you than they know, and that you need this visit.

What do you usually do to help you get through an urge? Keep using the things that work for you. You could even look around for new alternatives to try to broaden your horizons as well. If you don't already keep a blog or a journal to vent about things, consider doing that. You can also think of some reasons why you shouldn't self-harm, such as your beautiful daughter.

You can do this.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Today is just not my day. - January 26th 2015, 06:24 PM

Thank you very much. It's always nice to hear positive words.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
Closed Thread