TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AnnaR0708 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anna

Points: 5,165, Level: 10 Points: 5,165, Level: 10 Points: 5,165, Level: 10

Strict Parents? - January 28th 2015, 10:14 PM

Hi I'm new..
Anyways, I'm a freshman in high school and I'm part of one of the learning academies inside the high school I go to. Ever since I could remember I barely got Bs and had almost all As, which my parents were really proud of. But they don't understand the work load and how hard it is for me to maintain those As in high school. They were freaking out about the two Bs I had last marking period and ignored the fact that I had an A in the rest of my classes.
This marking period, I have all As and a C+, and I'm really scared about telling my parents. Two Bs made them yell at me and tell me that I couldn't go to any parties or ANYWHERE at all, what would a C+ do?
I've tried talking to them and telling them that I've been working my ass off and studying but they have this ideal that if I get bad grades, I'm not studying..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I've been here a while

Name: Calaer

Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20

Re: Strict Parents? - January 28th 2015, 10:23 PM

Hello Anna! Welcome to the site! I'm sorry to hear about your parents. Sadly, it's hard for parents to understand the work load most of us have. You could try and explain to them that you truly have been studying, but that you having a hard time with the larger work load, and harder classes. Tell them that you will work harder next time, and try to being your grades back up. I hope this helps! If you need anything else feel free to IM or PM me anytime. Hope to see you around!

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Strict Parents? - January 28th 2015, 11:39 PM

Hey there,

I think that some parents have a hard time understanding how hard the workload in school can be. This can make it hard for them to understand when their child is having difficulty with the workload. I think that you should try to sit down with them and explain to them how hard you have been working and let them know that the work load is proving difficult at this point in time.

Are you working on trying to figure out how you can manage the workload? Maybe you could get a tutor for the class that you have a C+ in? Maybe your parents would be up to discussing you getting a tutor? I know that there are a number of high school students that have a tutor so maybe if you talked to them about this they would be open to looking into it with you. Coming up with a solution to this problem might help them start to feel better about the grades that you have and it might also help you to start to feel better as well.

I am hoping that this helped in some way and if you need anything please feel free to use teenhelps many resources.
Closed Thread