TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
GoneCrazy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amber

Relapse - February 6th 2015, 08:36 AM

I have been SH free for a long time now.
lately things have been so stressful and overwhelming all I can think about is how much I want to SH. IDK how to deal with this right now guys.. I think Im falling apart.

Last edited by Hypothesis.; February 6th 2015 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Removing triggering prefix. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Relapse - February 6th 2015, 03:33 PM

Hey,

I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling right now but I want to say that it is so amazing that you have been self harm free for a long time. That is something to remember and be proud of. Give yourself a huge pat on the back and make sure to reward yourself for all you accomplished, because you DID accomplish a lot. By going so long without self harm you proved that you ARE strong.

Is there anything specific that has been stressful or overwhelming to you? Since I don't know what is going on I can't give you specific advice on this yet but perhaps you can work to solve some of the problems so there is less going on. You can start with something small and work your way up, slowly easing some of the pressure.

Or you can try and talk things through with people who may listen. Talking to people is really awesome because it allows you to get everything off your chest. They also may have solutions to some of what is going on or ways to cope with what is going on in a better way.

Try and find ways to express what you are going through as well such as writing, art, or music. Exercise is another really great way to release stress and pent up feelings. You can even vent on here, maybe through the Blogs because that's a good way to just get everything out.

Maybe you need to take some time out for yourself as well. Everyone needs to breathe and just focus on themselves sometimes. Maybe you can do your favorite hobby or take a bath or shower then read a good book or watch a movie, for example.

This is a list of alternatives to self harm you can use. They are healthier, safer ways to cope. Some offer sensations other than pain if that is something you'd like to try. There are plenty there, so see what works!

You can get through this!

-Dez

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Relapse - February 6th 2015, 04:01 PM

Just as was said above try and find alternatives that can help you over come this. It is amazing that you have gone so long being SH free. I'm so proud of you. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me anytime. I'm here for you. Don't you ever forget it. We are all here for you. Don't let this get you down. You've got this. I know things seem dark right now, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, you've just got to travel a little bit to see it, but let me tell you, it's there and it's so worth it. We are here for you dear. You can do this.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Re: Relapse - February 7th 2015, 03:06 AM

Hi,

First off, stopping self harm in the first place is a huge accomplishment that you should be proud of. I'm sorry things are getting rough again, but try to keep in mind why you wanted to stop in the first place. If there was something that got you to stop at first, like a certain alternative, activity, or someone you would talk to, try repeating that. It worked once, so it can work again. The list of alternatives is really helpful, and has a lot of options, so if something doesn't work, try another one. Try to relax and focus on cheerful things.

Good luck -- you got this

~Estelle

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

(#5 (permalink)) Old
GoneCrazy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Relapse - February 7th 2015, 03:58 AM

Thanks for the support guys! I think I'm just hitting different lows.. if that makes any sence. Like Im so used to being depressed a certain way and now its changing?? Maybe getting better??? IDK. But thanks so much.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
GoneCrazy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Relapse - February 7th 2015, 04:00 AM

I just needed a Boost. .

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Relapse - February 7th 2015, 04:15 PM

We are always here when you need a helping hand. Don't ever forget that.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
Closed Thread