TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
swimmer92 Offline
Average Joe

Name: KP

please help - February 23rd 2015, 09:38 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

2 weeks ago I my mom died suddenly. Ive been numb since than and i am really wanting to cut. I want to hurt myself so bad. Im having suicidal thoughts and want to take a bottle of pills, I cant handle this feeling. I miss her so much. I dont know what to do

Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

Always? Always.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Re: please help - February 23rd 2015, 11:09 PM

Hey,

I'm so sorry this happened to you – I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose someone that close to you. Are you currently seeing anyone about it, like your school counselor or a therapist or something? They could help you cope with this and sort out your feelings, and give you healthier ways to deal with this than self harm. If you think it would help, you can spend time with friends and family and try to distract yourself every now and then with hobbies.

Try and remember that even though it's hard now, you can move on and things will get better. The initial grief will eventually pass. As much as your situation might suck right now, it has far more potential than death. And as cliché as it might sound – If your mom was still here, I don't think she'd want you to hurt or kill yourself. Look for healthier ways to cope and people who can help you handle this.

I'm sorry this happened, and I hope you and your family are okay. Shoot me a message if you need anything or want to talk.

~Estelle

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: please help - February 24th 2015, 03:40 AM

Hey there,

It is really hard to lose a loved one. I have no words to express my sympathies. I understand that you want to cut but in the end that will not make anything better. I think you should try looking at the Alternatives to Self Harm. I have found these to be really beneficial when it comes to fighting my own urges. It did take me a while to find alternatives that worked well for me but in the end I did find ones that worked.

Are you currently seeking counseling? If not I think that you should consider looking into this. I know that might be hard for you to do but in the end it could prove beneficial. Counselors will be able to provide you with support and help you work on overcoming the urges to self harm.

Something else you might want to look into is seeing if there are any support groups for adolescents who have lost their loved ones. I know in my area there is a support group for children and adolescents who have lost their loved ones. It goes for 6 weeks long and it focuses on art and stuff like that. It helps the child and their guardian work through the loss. A google search might help you find something like that.

I really hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck. If you need anything please feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CrowleysGirl95 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kalie

Re: please help - February 24th 2015, 04:11 AM

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandfather a couple years ago, and I turned to self harm, and I shouldn't have. It didn't help, it honestly just made things worse. Luckily I had some friends who helped me stop and helped me find alternative routes to dealing with my grief. I think that speaking with friends/family about your loss would help you greatly. I hope that you find what you need to help you through this difficult time. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. Stay strong <3

Closed Thread