TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
younger94 Offline
younger
Welcome me, I'm new!

i dont know what to do or how to react iv just self harmed and I'm feeling depressed and scared - March 10th 2015, 01:45 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

so I'm having troubles with my girlfriend out of no were she wants a break she says its because i stress her out and she cant cope with work and uni and me so she's cutting me out until she finds her head she says she cant cope with it all and iv just slashed my arm and i dont know what to do I'm so angry and sad and i just dont know what to do

Last edited by younger94; March 10th 2015 at 01:53 AM. Reason: didn't put my triggers in

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: i dont know what to do or how to react iv just self harmed and I'm feeling depressed and scared - March 10th 2015, 07:20 AM

Hi there,

It seems like your girlfriend has a lot on her plate right now with her schooling and her work so it's understandable for her to want a break. However, I'm sorry to hear that she told you that you cause her stress. You shouldn't be someone that has to be "dealt with" in my opinion. You're someone who should be loved and cherished instead. Perhaps you can tell her how that made you feel when things calm down a little bit.

I think you should take a look at the first aid thread to help you determine whether or not you need medical attention. Please take care of your wounds. Keep them clean, and watch for any signs of infection.

From what you've written, I'm assuming that this is the first time you've self-harmed? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's in your best interest to talk to someone you trust or to see a professional about this before it becomes a habit. Self-harm releases endorphins (chemicals that make you feel happier) and it can become addictive over time. Please talk to someone about this so you can receive the help and support that you deserve. If you can't talk to anyone in your life right now, take a look at this list of hotlines.

In the meantime, try to find things that help you express how you're feeling in a healthy way. Consider keeping a journal or a blog because that will give you your own personal space to release your feelings. Here is a list of self-harm alternatives that you may find helpful. The size of this list can be overwhelming, but some of these alternatives are bound to work for you. Different alternatives work for different people, so keep trying some until you find what works for you.

Hang in there.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
younger94 Offline
younger
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i dont know what to do or how to react iv just self harmed and I'm feeling depressed and scared - March 10th 2015, 03:28 PM

thank you for replying il have a look at those hotlines and yes its the first time although i seem to have made a mess of my arm i just dont know how to cope anymore

Closed Thread