TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jenny14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,450, Level: 10 Points: 5,450, Level: 10 Points: 5,450, Level: 10

Asking Parents - March 8th 2015, 05:59 PM

How do I ask my parents to help me get on some form of anti-depressants? In the past, I've gone through therapy but it didn't help at all and I can't think of another way of getting better. My parents are somewhat against medications for mental illnesses. Thanks in advance
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Points: 13,657, Level: 17 Points: 13,657, Level: 17 Points: 13,657, Level: 17

Re: Asking Parents - March 8th 2015, 09:48 PM

Hi,

I would suggest telling your parents that therapy alone isn't working for you and you feel that you could use a doctors opinion on rather you need anti-depressents or not. Ask them if you either see a psychitrist or even just your family doctor! If they aren't willing maybe talk to a therapist about getting on medication and have the therapist talk to your parents. Sometimes people are more willing to listen to a professional about it..

Hope everything works out for you and you start feeling better!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Asking Parents - March 9th 2015, 12:42 PM

you could join some constructive group activities and it'll give you something constructive to work towards.... and also help you develop your talents. I found that it works for me.. very well. I want you to be happys. and I just want to let you know that we're here to listen to you if there's anything you want to rant about. I know that it's not the actual anti depressant pill therapy.. but I just somehow got the feeling that it's going to help you out. So i suggested it.

I think that it's also good for you to drink teas like peppermint (loose leaf teas... don't trust those sold in sachets that you dip into hot water ) as well as herbal stuff that helps to calm the mind. Those sort of of natural medications are usually ace when it comes to dealing with depression.

I hope i helped. I'm here both as a friend and as a supporter. smile and be happier

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
Closed Thread