TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheTameLion Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jeff

Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 19th 2015, 07:27 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Anyone feel like talking me out of sticking a [Edited] in my hand? No? Eh, that's okay. I can't really expect strangers to help me anyways. If you're reading this I appreciate you at least clicking the sodding thing.

Last edited by cynefin; April 19th 2015 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Removing methods of self-harm.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 19th 2015, 03:49 PM

If you ever need to chat feel free to contact me.

Can't stop now, I've traveled so far. - Foreigner

I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance. - Garth Brooks

Assoc Live Help Mentor from 11/23/2014-1/17/2015, 8/8/2015-

Live Help Mentor from 1/17/2015-8/8/2015

SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 19th 2015, 06:16 PM

I can see that you're in a lot of emotional pain but I wouldn't be so quick to say no one will help. You'll block yourself from people who do want to help. It is true that i don't know you well enough so I may not be able to customize the words that resonate to you personally. But maybe you can say a bit more about what is triggering you as that could inform me on my response. I believe no one should self harm as that does not solve anything but I know it is a reality for many of us, me included so I do get where you're coming from and maybe shoeing you ways to improve your situation can remind you that you don't have to hurt yourself to get through tough times.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 19th 2015, 09:00 PM

Hey,

We're more than happy to help you when we're given the chance to. We can try the best that we can to help you with your self-harm urges, however, it's up to you to apply suggestions since you're the one in control. We may not know you personally, but we wouldn't read your post and reply to it if we didn't care. We're here if you need anything.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 21st 2015, 05:57 AM

Hey sweetheart

Yes, we may be strangers, but we are always here to help when you allow us to. I'll always be here if you ever need or want someone to talk to. I know you are probably sick of hearing that, and I am sorry. I'm always here if you want to talk about your day, good or bad

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dan11 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 21st 2015, 06:08 AM

I'm always here for you. Whenever you need someone to talk to you are always free to PM me. You are worth so much and are loved. Everyone here cares about you so much, and we'll do everything we can to talk you out of self harming. I'm here for you

(#7 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 21st 2015, 04:42 PM

There are plenty of people here - myself included - who are always happy to listen and offer whatever help we can

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Gwynbleidd Offline
Seeking Zireael
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 22nd 2015, 01:32 AM

Stay strong. Everyone here would like to help in this loving family. If you need any advice or someone to talk to pm one of us

Tell me a lie in a beautiful way,
I believe in answers, just not today

"Ced'mil, bloede dh'oine... Hocus-pocus... Abracadabra...Arse blathanna..."

(#9 (permalink)) Old
TheTameLion Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jeff

Re: Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 22nd 2015, 05:01 AM

There's one bridge burned. Bye bye friendships hahaha.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 22nd 2015, 01:55 PM

Hi,
Try to keep up hope. It will help. And you could try to make a distraction plan. For when the urges get bad.
But most of all you need to make a list of reasons why you shouldn't self harm. We can't motivate you but pretty please try to motivate yourself. It will help in the end. Try to find the motivation for recovery. You can do it. I know deep down you want to, and you want support. And someone to care. Otherwise you wouldn't have reached out. And I'm proud you did because these are first tentative steps toward recovery. It's an uphill battle but it's totally worth it. The view in the end is amazing.

Helping others sometimes makes it easier to feel good about yourself and help yourself.

So PM me if You want.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Anyone feel like talking me out of... - April 25th 2015, 02:16 PM

I think it's really important to help you realise that maybe you do want help because you've reached out to us here. And that's really positive. We may be strangers, but we're all here for a reason. Because we're in the same situation or because we want to help people. So the fact that we are strangers and have never spoken before doesn't matter at all. I'm a self harmer and I know how addictive it can get and how hard it can be to fight the urges when you do have them but you CAN fight them. They are only urges and thoughts. You don't have to act on them. And you're strong enough to beat them. If you're strong enough to come here and talk then you can definitely beat them, okay? I am not saying it's going to be easy because it isn't but it is possible and I believe in you. Keep you head up high and don't be alone. Reach out to the people around you and ask for help. We, for one, are always here. And do things that are going to help. Positive things. Like walking, reading, drawing, writing, playing music, playing a game - there are so many distractions.

Stay strong and stay fighting. You CAN do this.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread