TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while
********
 
Raggedy Man, Goodnight!'s Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Posts: 1,203
Blog Entries: 53
Join Date: January 20th 2009

Cut my wrist - May 1st 2015, 08:20 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

This morning things got too much for me and I started to harm myself again, I cut my wrist, feel so ashamed at the moment, just can't seem to handle anything at the moment. There is way too much going on for me to be able to cope and I can't talk to friends or family about it. None of them would understand and they would think I was attention seeking. I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe I should just end it all.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Bluetears's Avatar
 
Name: Crystal
Gender: Questioning
Location: The corner of sadness and yet love

Posts: 232
Join Date: March 19th 2015

Re: Cut my wrist - May 1st 2015, 10:08 PM

Hey

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. I won't think you are attention seeking and I swear I won't judge. Maybe you can try doing something to keep you distracted from self-harm? Like a hobby, or a part-time job?


"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while
********
 
Raggedy Man, Goodnight!'s Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Posts: 1,203
Blog Entries: 53
Join Date: January 20th 2009

Re: Cut my wrist - May 1st 2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetears View Post
Hey

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. I won't think you are attention seeking and I swear I won't judge. Maybe you can try doing something to keep you distracted from self-harm? Like a hobby, or a part-time job?
Thank you every time I do manage to get a distraction something manages to mess it all up and then I start self harming again.
I have tried looking for part time and such but nobody is taking me on
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
12.04

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
cynefin's Avatar
 
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Location: 1261'

Posts: 10,003
Blog Entries: 1535
Join Date: August 25th 2012

Re: Cut my wrist - May 1st 2015, 11:52 PM

I personally don't believe in attention seeking. Attention is a human need, and there's no shame in that. Think about it; authors share their books and artists share their work so they can get positive attention for all of their effort! And, if someone does harm themselves to get attention they're struggling just as much as someone who harms themselves and doesn't want the attention. It must be tough to feel like you can't confide in your friends and family about what you're going through. Perhaps you can consider calling a hotline to talk through things with someone.

You said that when you manage to find a distraction, things seem to go downhill and you end up self-harming. Does trying to find a good distraction make you feel upset? Maybe you can write a list of distractions so you can have that to refer to when you're triggered. It may also help to have a set distraction such as a calming jar.


Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while
********
 
Raggedy Man, Goodnight!'s Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Posts: 1,203
Blog Entries: 53
Join Date: January 20th 2009

Re: Cut my wrist - May 7th 2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico. View Post
I personally don't believe in attention seeking. Attention is a human need, and there's no shame in that. Think about it; authors share their books and artists share their work so they can get positive attention for all of their effort! And, if someone does harm themselves to get attention they're struggling just as much as someone who harms themselves and doesn't want the attention. It must be tough to feel like you can't confide in your friends and family about what you're going through. Perhaps you can consider calling a hotline to talk through things with someone.

You said that when you manage to find a distraction, things seem to go downhill and you end up self-harming. Does trying to find a good distraction make you feel upset? Maybe you can write a list of distractions so you can have that to refer to when you're triggered. It may also help to have a set distraction such as a calming jar.
I would never attention seek I don't feel very comfortable talking on hotlines, I just need to find a friend I can trust. But that is hard these days.I'm still cutting my wrist and feel so ashamed of it and I know people have said to me countless times on the site that I shouldn't be ashamed of it but I just can't seem to stop doing it
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
CharlieXd Offline
Stay true. Stay real. Stay you
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
CharlieXd's Avatar
 
Name: Charlie
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Location: Space

Posts: 1
Join Date: May 7th 2015

Re: Cut my wrist - May 7th 2015, 04:32 PM

One thing you need to realize, darling.. Is that things wont get better for you if you keep to yourself. I know it's not easy.. But you need help. Find someone. Anyone. At all.

Be it a friend, a teacher, a relative..

Find someone and make a difference in your life this instant. You will not regret it.

Talk to someone and just get help. It's the only way.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while
********
 
Raggedy Man, Goodnight!'s Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Posts: 1,203
Blog Entries: 53
Join Date: January 20th 2009

Re: Cut my wrist - May 7th 2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieXd View Post
One thing you need to realize, darling.. Is that things wont get better for you if you keep to yourself. I know it's not easy.. But you need help. Find someone. Anyone. At all.

Be it a friend, a teacher, a relative..

Find someone and make a difference in your life this instant. You will not regret it.

Talk to someone and just get help. It's the only way.
I don't have anyone I can trust. I just want my family to respect me and be there for me but when I do talk to them about my feelings they just don't seem to care. I will get help, its just hard for me to talk to anyone at the moment because of the way my family treat me.
I have met someone I like, and maybe I could trust him. I haven'tknown him long but he seems to respect me for who I am. I will see how things go when we keep meeting and then I will talk to him about everything as I get the feeling he likes me in the same way that I do him
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Palmolive's Avatar
 
Name: Jessie
Age: 25
Gender: Girly.
Location: The stars.

Posts: 5,791
Blog Entries: 2318
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Cut my wrist - May 7th 2015, 06:28 PM

Hi there.

I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. It sounds like a really hard place to be in, especially now you're in a situation where you're thinking ending it all is the best thing to do.

Self harm is never the answer, in the long run it doesn't help. It may help for a few minutes but then you feel the same as you did before and you end up wanting to do it again, you know? Like you self harmed this morning, but you're not in a better mental state now are you? So thinking about it realistically, it actually doesn't help you. And you a worth a lot more than self harm. I wouldn't even wish my worst enemy to struggle with self harm. You deserve better.

Suicide isn't the way out. You have a future; just because it's hard now, does not mean it always will be. Things can and will get better but you're going to have to work really hard to get there. Talk to people and let them help you. You know we're always here for you but sometimes talking to someone face to face, whom you really trust can be really beneficial and it's something I want to encourage you to do. Getting help is a hard thing to do but it's also something worth doing, trust me!

Just believe in yourself, we all believe in you. You can do this and get through to the other side.

Take good care of yourself and stay safe.
Jessie


"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while
********
 
Raggedy Man, Goodnight!'s Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Posts: 1,203
Blog Entries: 53
Join Date: January 20th 2009

Re: Cut my wrist - May 7th 2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
Hi there.

I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. It sounds like a really hard place to be in, especially now you're in a situation where you're thinking ending it all is the best thing to do.

Self harm is never the answer, in the long run it doesn't help. It may help for a few minutes but then you feel the same as you did before and you end up wanting to do it again, you know? Like you self harmed this morning, but you're not in a better mental state now are you? So thinking about it realistically, it actually doesn't help you. And you a worth a lot more than self harm. I wouldn't even wish my worst enemy to struggle with self harm. You deserve better.

Suicide isn't the way out. You have a future; just because it's hard now, does not mean it always will be. Things can and will get better but you're going to have to work really hard to get there. Talk to people and let them help you. You know we're always here for you but sometimes talking to someone face to face, whom you really trust can be really beneficial and it's something I want to encourage you to do. Getting help is a hard thing to do but it's also something worth doing, trust me!

Just believe in yourself, we all believe in you. You can do this and get through to the other side.

Take good care of yourself and stay safe.
Jessie
Thanks Jessie I think I may have someone I can trust in real life I am feeling a little better than I have been. Just worried about what my mother will say about the man I have met. He is five years older than me, which doesn't bother me at all I will get help off him if I can.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Palmolive's Avatar
 
Name: Jessie
Age: 25
Gender: Girly.
Location: The stars.

Posts: 5,791
Blog Entries: 2318
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Cut my wrist - May 7th 2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggedy Man, Goodnight! View Post
Thanks Jessie I think I may have someone I can trust in real life I am feeling a little better than I have been. Just worried about what my mother will say about the man I have met. He is five years older than me, which doesn't bother me at all I will get help off him if I can.
You're welcome! Its good you think you have someone you can trust in real life. I know I found talking to people in "real life" really helpful so its something I would definitely encourage. You're old enough to choose who you're with at the end of the day. Your mum doesn't make your decisions anymore but I hope she accepts the situation for what it is


"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while
********
 
Raggedy Man, Goodnight!'s Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Posts: 1,203
Blog Entries: 53
Join Date: January 20th 2009

Re: Cut my wrist - May 7th 2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
You're welcome! Its good you think you have someone you can trust in real life. I know I found talking to people in "real life" really helpful so its something I would definitely encourage. You're old enough to choose who you're with at the end of the day. Your mum doesn't make your decisions anymore but I hope she accepts the situation for what it is
I hope she does too But my mother doesn't accept a lot of things, she treats me like a child. But like you said I can be with who I want And if I can I do plan to be with him eventually if he feels the same way. I feel like I can talk to him, just a bit scared at the moment.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
cut, wrist

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.