TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Unhappy I'm going to do it again. - May 13th 2015, 08:20 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm going to do it again. I cant take all this hurt and pain. I know I said I'll wait till Monday but i cant cope till then. I want the pain gone now. I'm sorry but i cant cope. I just want to feel better again.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Re: I'm going to do it again. - May 13th 2015, 09:01 AM

Ok I cut again. But not so it will scar. Just to make it hurt for a while. Ugh my chaplain was away today. Why did he have to be away?? Well at least I got it out of my system. I thought I wasn't addicted or going to ever want to do it again but apparently I was wrong. Stupid stupid me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
RadioSerenade Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: The Limelighter

Re: I'm going to do it again. - May 13th 2015, 10:02 AM

I am so sorry to hear the progression of this thread and on behalf of everyone on the site, I would like to offer my humble apologies for not being able to respond to this thread on time to provide some degree of remedy or allow you an opportunity to reconsider. However, now that all is said and done, I encourage you to gather yourself, take a nice, deep breath and focus on the future.

Sometimes, especially when you are trying to get out of the habit of self-harming, a relapse could be helpful, in that it might release some degree of pressure that's been bubbling up inside you. However, I encourage you to remember, that this release, the relief that you get from self-harm is only temporary. I encourage you to focus on the issue that's been causing the self harm. Very few people do this habit for no reason, normally it is the compound of other life issues, such as problems at work, arguments with family, etc.

Pin-point what issues are causing your self-harm and work towards the rectification of those issues. This includes making an appointment with your chaplain as soon as he comes back on deck, and also potentially seeing your doctor about a treatment plan for any mental illnesses you might have.

You can also potentially contact some of the emergency crisis support centres in and around your city, and you can find a list of these at www.teenhelp.org/hotlines. Call them whenever you get the urge to self-harm. Even if you don't think it's a crisis, even if you don't want any remedies, make it your habit to call a crisis centre whenever you get the urge to hurt yourself.

Good luck and again, I would like to personally apologise for not doing more to prevent this particular incident and I am so sorry to hear how you're feeling at the moment .

02425950695064738395657479136519351798334535362521 43003540126026771622672160419810652263169355188780 38814483140652526168785095552646051071172000997092 91249544378887496062882911725063001303622934916080 25459461494578871427832350829242102091825896753560 43086993801689249889268099510169055919951195027887 17830837018340236474548882222161573228010132974509 27344594504343300901096928025352751833289884461508 94042482650181938515625357963996189939679054966380 03222348723967018485186439059104575627262464195387

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Re: I'm going to do it again. - May 13th 2015, 10:53 AM

Thanks, You don't need to apologise. I might use those hotlines, they would probably help a lot. But thanks for responding.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I'm going to do it again. - May 13th 2015, 11:30 AM

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear you're going through a tough time although it's great you're coming here for support and help. I'm glad you feel you're able to talk to us about what's going on for you right now. I know that self harm can addictive; I'm in recovery myself. But I'll tell you this, self harm doesn't help us. How do I know? I say this a lot but I feel it's true. The fact is we feel bad so we self harm, okay? And then we feel a little better for a little while. But soon enough we start to feel bad again and we want to self harm again, so we do, just like you have done. If self harm worked, we'd be able to do it once and then be okay and never have to do it again.

There are better things t do than self harm to help you get through the difficult moments. Have you looked at our list of alternatives to self harm in the self harm forum? You can do things like go for a walk, talk to someone, write things down, do some painting, cook, bake, run, colour, draw, write a poem, play a game, go online, do some work etc. But you have to remember, that not everything is going to work for you. This is about trial and error right now, so keep trying new things and the same things and find what works for YOU. Don't give up if you try a few things and they don't work - keep on trying, okay?

I know this is hard but you have the strength to get through it. You don't deserve the pain that you are putting yourself through and remember to talk to people, us, teachers, parents, family, friends, doctors, anyone you feel comfortable with. You never have to go through this alone so don't suffer in silence.

Take good care of yourself,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Re: I'm going to do it again. - May 13th 2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear you're going through a tough time although it's great you're coming here for support and help. I'm glad you feel you're able to talk to us about what's going on for you right now. I know that self harm can addictive; I'm in recovery myself. But I'll tell you this, self harm doesn't help us. How do I know? I say this a lot but I feel it's true. The fact is we feel bad so we self harm, okay? And then we feel a little better for a little while. But soon enough we start to feel bad again and we want to self harm again, so we do, just like you have done. If self harm worked, we'd be able to do it once and then be okay and never have to do it again.

There are better things t do than self harm to help you get through the difficult moments. Have you looked at our list of alternatives to self harm in the self harm forum? You can do things like go for a walk, talk to someone, write things down, do some painting, cook, bake, run, colour, draw, write a poem, play a game, go online, do some work etc. But you have to remember, that not everything is going to work for you. This is about trial and error right now, so keep trying new things and the same things and find what works for YOU. Don't give up if you try a few things and they don't work - keep on trying, okay?

I know this is hard but you have the strength to get through it. You don't deserve the pain that you are putting yourself through and remember to talk to people, us, teachers, parents, family, friends, doctors, anyone you feel comfortable with. You never have to go through this alone so don't suffer in silence.

Take good care of yourself,
Jessie
Huh you know how you said I don't deserve the pain, well I do. I really do. I ruined everyone else's lives so I deserve to suffer the consequences of being a bitch. I don't want to suffer in pain but it seems to be my only option at the moment seeing as no one cares about me anyway. I might be talking to my chaplain tomorrow but I might not because he might tell my parents and I don't think I'm ready for that yet. But I don't think there is many options of help at the moment seeing as no one cares enough to talk to me for longer than 2 seconds. But this site helps so I will definitely be talking on here though.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I'm going to do it again. - May 13th 2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Miss View Post
Huh you know how you said I don't deserve the pain, well I do. I really do. I ruined everyone else's lives so I deserve to suffer the consequences of being a bitch. I don't want to suffer in pain but it seems to be my only option at the moment seeing as no one cares about me anyway. I might be talking to my chaplain tomorrow but I might not because he might tell my parents and I don't think I'm ready for that yet. But I don't think there is many options of help at the moment seeing as no one cares enough to talk to me for longer than 2 seconds. But this site helps so I will definitely be talking on here though.

Hi again,

No matter what anyone in the world has done, they don't deserve to punish themselves through self harm. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. I really wouldn't. I don't know what you have done and you might not want to talk to me but let me tell you this; I DO care about you. If I didn't, I wouldn't be sat here replying to you. But I am because I DO care. And if you don't want to talk about it on here, you are more than welcome to PM me any time. I'm going to tell you again, you are worth more than self harm and you DON'T deserve it in any way at all.

Keep safe,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread