TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Question How to cover up scars? - May 17th 2015, 06:01 AM

Ok how do you cover up scars on your arm at school? I'm not allowed to wear a jumper cause I will get in trouble for it as it is not school uniform and I cant wear long sleeve shirts under my school shirt cause that is also not school uniform. So how do I cover it up? Like no one knows about it at school and cause they're new looking ones people will ask questions which I am not too keen on happening. Make up doesn't work on my skin to cover it so that won't help either. I need advice?

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: How to cover up scars? - May 17th 2015, 06:19 AM

Are you allowed to wear any sort of accessories, or is that also against uniform? If it's not, accessories may help.

Are you not allowed to wear ANY sort of jumper, or do they have to be in school colors or have a logo? Maybe it's worth asking if you can get something that matches the school colors?

If they're healed, scar reducing creams and lotions such as cocoa butter may help, but that isn't an overnight process.

I know you may not want to hear this but I urge you to seek help. You don't deserve to live in fear of people finding out, but there are people who care and would love to help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Re: How to cover up scars? - May 17th 2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Sparkly Queer~* View Post
Are you allowed to wear any sort of accessories, or is that also against uniform? If it's not, accessories may help.

Are you not allowed to wear ANY sort of jumper, or do they have to be in school colors or have a logo? Maybe it's worth asking if you can get something that matches the school colors?

If they're healed, scar reducing creams and lotions such as cocoa butter may help, but that isn't an overnight process.

I know you may not want to hear this but I urge you to seek help. You don't deserve to live in fear of people finding out, but there are people who care and would love to help.
Accessories are against uniform although I wear them anyway but not enough to cover it up, plus they are starting to enforce the school uniform a bit more so accessories are a no go. Jumpers have to have the school logo and be the school colour and everything so jumper is also a no go. I have a jumper that matches the school colours so I wore it on Friday but I got in trouble for it. I didn't have to take it off though but I got told never to wear it again or it will be taken off me. Our school is really strict on uniform, and I can't let the scars show as you get sent home to cover it up if they're visible. I know everyone will be like, no that's not true, they can't do that, but trust me, they can, and they will. I saw them do it to 2 girls with scars on them. They can only be visible if you can only see them faintly, or you have to look hard to see them to know they're there. So basically I am doomed cause our school sucks.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bethany-Louise Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to cover up scars? - May 17th 2015, 10:25 AM

I used a small bandage, and just said it was something else .. You could say you burned yourself, or accidentally fell on glass or something.

It may raise questions, or it may not.
Hope you're okay..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Re: How to cover up scars? - May 17th 2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany-Louise View Post
I used a small bandage, and just said it was something else .. You could say you burned yourself, or accidentally fell on glass or something.

It may raise questions, or it may not.
Hope you're okay..
Yea I might use a band aid or something to just cover up the big ones so its not so noticeable or not as big a deal. Thanks for the help

Closed Thread