TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

im out of my body(Help asap) - May 31st 2015, 10:03 PM

I feel like I'm not in my body and I can hardly breathe. Nobody is home that will understand what I am saying. The only way I know how is to cut myself and bring myself back. I just need to bring myself back.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
renai. Offline
inkslinger
Not a n00b

Name: reh-nay

Re: im out of my body(Help asap) - June 1st 2015, 03:27 AM

It sounds like you're going through a spell of dissociation. That happens to me sometimes and it can be really scary. However, harming yourself is not the answer, even though it feels like it is. I promise that things will get better and that you will feel like yourself again. I can't really offer much advice because I'm not really sure what to say, other than I understand and I can be here to listen if you need me.

Feel free to PM/VM me at any time.

- renai.

it's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going. and when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing.

the truth hurts but it hasn't stung enough to stop me.

see, you're just wasted and thinking 'bout the past again, darling, you'll be okay.

You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way. - song of songs 4:7

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: im out of my body(Help asap) - June 1st 2015, 06:06 AM

Hi! It definitely sounds like you are going through a dissociation spell. I want you to know cutting (or any other form of hurting yourself) can become really addicting. I recommend taking a look at this article, it shows how to make a grounding kit which can help you "enter your body" again. http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f80-m...grounding-kit/

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: im out of my body(Help asap) - June 1st 2015, 11:27 PM

I agree with what has already been said; that you could possibly be dissociating. What has helped me in the past is me or someone else spraying some perfume or a strong smell of something and it brings me back to the room and makes me feel more grounded so maybe this is something you can try instead of cutting although I know it's hard to do it yourself when you're in that moment because obviously you have dissociated so maybe talk to the people around you, make them clear of the signs and ask them to do it for you. Thats what people did for me and it really helped

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: im out of my body(Help asap) - June 2nd 2015, 02:27 AM

Hi there, Frankie!

I can't possibly know for sure as I'm not a professional but from what you wrote, it sounds like you may be dissociating.

Could you try other methods other than harming yourself to ground yourself? I imagine it's not easy to resist from self-harming, but try your best to resort to healthier methods before harming yourself. Try to focus on an object, focus on your breathing, do deep breaths etc. As Jessie mentioned, a strong smell might work as well such as perfume.

Do you think that it would help to explain how you feel, such as being "out of your body" to those who are around you often, such as your family members? If they understood how you feel in that moment and know the signs you may be slipping, they can help bring you back and also keep you safe.

Hope this helped a bit. I saw that you posted this yesterday so I hope you're okay now. If you want, you're welcome to message me if you'd like someone to talk to, okay? I definitely don't mind listening. Stay strong and stay safe, Frankie!

Last edited by DeletedAccount11; June 2nd 2015 at 06:00 AM.

Closed Thread