TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lil sis Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: no name

How do I hide these? - July 14th 2015, 05:00 AM

So me and my girlfriend made a promise that every time one cut the other would too.
This seemed all fine and dandy until I had to act on it.

I've been clean for 6 months now and I had to throw it all away for some stupid promise and I can't stop cutting now. It's like I've started all over again and I'm getting more and more depressed about it.

Do you have any good ways to help with my girlfriends self harm without me cutting?/ do you have any good ideas on how I can stop again,

Also if you have any idea how to hide cuts that would be great.... Thanks for your time

Delete this account

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: How do I hide these? - July 14th 2015, 06:04 AM

i think the best way to hide cuts will be to just not cut, and just think positively. The main problem with SH is that it starts when you think negatively.. the more you blame yourself for sh-ing , the more you get depressed and the more you feel bad about it. The best way to overcome it is to be happy, do things that will make you happy, like gaming, friends, etc and partying or stuffs and just be happy and jolly

Stay strong and remember that if you are in a position to support your girlfriend, you'll definitely be in a position where you can overcome your pain and the both of you can grow through this situation together. Spend time with her, be honest with her, be mushy and make sure that she knows that you're there for her.

I know that you can make it through this!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: How do I hide these? - July 14th 2015, 06:28 AM

Hi Izzie

As Screw said (or yoshi :3), maybe try to think more positively, because most of the time people SH whenever they feel negative. I try to catch myself whenever I think of something negative and turn it into something positive. Like, let's say I think of an embarrassing thing I did earlier in the day. I try thinking of the good things I did before and after that. For you, maybe whenever you feel like SH'ing, you could remind yourself how strong you were to go 6 months without it

Have you shown your girlfriend any alternatives to self-harm? If not, I recommend maybe sitting down with her and talking about some with her Maybe you two could also share ideas on better ways to stop SH'ing for the other? So you don't have to hurt yourself if she does it, and the other way around. As to hide the cuts, if they aren't too big or deep, put a bandaid on it? Be sure to clean it before and after you put it on though Love you, good luck!

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lil sis Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: no name

Re: How do I hide these? - July 14th 2015, 06:31 AM

thanks guys

Delete this account

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: How do I hide these? - July 14th 2015, 09:10 PM

Don't hurt yourself because of someone else, my lovely There are so many ways to support someone but this isn't one of them. I know your heart is in the right place and you're just trying to help, but it's difficult to help someone by plunging yourself into the darkness with them. Instead, you can try and reach out and pull them into the light, that way both of you are staying safe. Be supportive and talk to her when she's feeling low, and send her this.
You might want to take a look at it too, in case you get the urge to self harm. Well done on being clean for so long, you can do this. It's certainly not an easy battle I don't think the pact is a very good idea though, it has the potential to hurt both of you a lot more than necessary.

Take as long as you need.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: How do I hide these? - July 14th 2015, 09:18 PM

Hey there,

I don't think it's healthy to have that 'deal'. I think that you and your girlfriends recovery should be separate from one another. So, if one of you cuts the other person should not have to cut. I think that you can support each other without partaking in this activity. I think the best thing you can do is link your girlfriend to: Alternatives to Self Harm.

I think that you guys can get through this. Overcoming the desire to self harm after you have is difficult but it is possible. It might help if you think of the reasons why you decided to stop self harming. I know that this has helped me in the past when I have had relapses.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread