TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Unhappy Coworker saw my scars... - July 28th 2015, 04:34 AM

So today at my job, me and my coworker and I were joking around, and he noticed my scars on my arm. The scar were around a yearish old. He asked me if I cut myself basically. I got really caught off guard and basically ran away. Then I turned around and I said no I just fell... I highly doubt he believed that. Then I proceeded as normal. Like nothing happened. Idk what he thinks of me. And I'm scared he's going to tell my manager or something. Then I might get fired or something. Idk what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Coworker saw my scars... - July 28th 2015, 11:48 PM

Hi, Angie!

When he asked you that in the middle of the conversation, I can see how it'd catch you off-guard and cause you to react that way. But since you don't think he believed the excuse, would you feel comfortable talking to him about your self-harm? Do you know him well enough to confide in him about it? If so, I would suggest talking to him in private and properly explaining it only if you're comfortable. You could also ask him first if he could keep this a secret because it's a private issue.

If you aren't comfortable talking to him about this, I completely understand and you aren't obliged to explain your struggles to anyone if you don't want to. I also don't think that you'd be fired for this even if he were to tell your boss, and I'd hope he's kind enough not to share a private issue of yours with your boss. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry to much. I'm sure it'll all be okay, you know? Just breathe.

Hope things go well for you. Stay strong!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Coworker saw my scars... - July 29th 2015, 12:40 AM

Hey there,

I understand your worries about your co-worker seeing your scars. I think it would be really hard for me to let someone I didn't know all that well to see my scars. However, it is possible that this person saw your scars and was concerned for your well being. If you are comfortable talking to him about your self harm I think you should and you can ask him to keep it a secret. The thing is you have to decide if you trust this person enough to confide in them. If you don't then I think you should just move on and pretend like the incident never took place. Hopefully with time it will fade from his mind.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheTameLion Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jeff

Re: Coworker saw my scars... - July 29th 2015, 08:40 AM

If you've been working there for more than 3 months, they can't fire you for that. That's wrongful termination. And 2, if he's asking he probably is caring enough to not tell your boss. He probably has the experience with people who suffer with it and respect the fact that shit happens and it is nobody's business.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread