TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
M.J. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy should i tell her? - September 28th 2015, 09:11 AM

ok so, theres 3 teachers that trust. 1 has helped since i first cut, cried a little at first, but now shes tough love on me. 2 is a really nice teacher friend n pays attention to how i feel and is the only one that notices when something is wrong. even when its a little, tiniest bit wrong. 3 is not tough love and has made me feel better about being bisexual cares a lot about me..well all 3 do. anyways, i was wondering if i should tell #3 about my past self harm 'cause she's not toughlove like #1 n that's what i want rn i guess

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: should i tell her? - September 28th 2015, 11:58 AM

I think it might be a good idea to tell the teacher. Having a teacher that isn't tough love can be really nice to have. Telling a person in general is a good idea, so telling this teacher sounds good. It also gives you more people to talk to about it. Just remember that these teachers are also obligated to tell another person if they are concerned about you. But having teachers that you trust is great. Also remember that teachers are not going to be there forever so finding someone that's more permanent than teachers might be a good idea so they can help for a bit longer than teachers can.

I hope it all goes well

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Re: should i tell her? - September 28th 2015, 03:51 PM

I always say "go for it" when I read this type of posts. Seriously, it's great that you trust your teachers so much and I think you should tell her.
Little Miss is right though, when she says they might tell someone if they are concerned about your safety/well being. If that happens, don't be scared, because it's for the best. As she said, teachers aren't going to be there forever and you might need someone to help you through this and finding someone else would be a great idea. Wait a while if you're too scared to tell anyone else, but keep that in mind.

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: should i tell her? - September 29th 2015, 03:35 AM

Like it's already been said, I definitely think you should tell your teachers about what you're going through. You deserve support and this will lift a weight off your shoulders. How many of your teachers do you want to tell? If you want to just pick one of the ones you've mentioned, maybe think of all the pros and cons and go from there. You can also think of which one you trust the most or which one you're closest to. You don't have to only choose one, though! The more the merrier.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
M.J. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: should i tell her? - September 29th 2015, 05:49 AM

just the 3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
mymusicfreak Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: should i tell her? - September 29th 2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. View Post
ok so, theres 3 teachers that trust. 1 has helped since i first cut, cried a little at first, but now shes tough love on me. 2 is a really nice teacher friend n pays attention to how i feel and is the only one that notices when something is wrong. even when its a little, tiniest bit wrong. 3 is not tough love and has made me feel better about being bisexual cares a lot about me..well all 3 do. anyways, i was wondering if i should tell #3 about my past self harm 'cause she's not toughlove like #1 n that's what i want rn i guess
yes I think you should tell her.that would only give you a chance to get more help hon.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
mymusicfreak Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: should i tell her? - September 30th 2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. View Post
yes I think you should tell her.that would only give you a chance to get more help hon.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: should i tell her? - October 3rd 2015, 10:03 AM

Honestly? Do what ever you feel comfortable with. If thats just talking to teacher number three (I feel like I'm on a tv show!) then talk to them. If you want to talk to them all then talk to them all. This is all about you and you getting the help you need and you deserve the support. Just remember that you can do this and get through to the other side. Letting people in is a huge deal because it can be so scary and daunting but you can do it. I believe in you and you can beat this too. If you ever need anything, please feel free to contact me anytime. We're here to help!

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#9 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: should i tell her? - October 3rd 2015, 05:02 PM

Hey there,

Obviously you trust this teacher enough to open up about your self-harm and I would say speaking up is the best thing you can do. The more support you have for yourself the better, the closer you will get to recovery. Accept all the support available to you. It will really help having someone to confide and talk to about things.

Best of luck to you,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

Closed Thread