TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
stefani Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,974, Level: 9 Points: 3,974, Level: 9 Points: 3,974, Level: 9

Exclamation Depression - September 20th 2016, 02:55 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I need help, i'm all alone in this big world. I've never been to therapy and i'm scared to go. I've dealt with depression since seventh grade, i'm in tenth grade now, it comes and goes but it's always here. I cut myself and feel lonely and sad most of the time. I also suffer from major anxiety from my parents always arguing and school. I need help now. i know i do. It's just the matter of when or who helps me. What is therapy like? Does it help ease the pain? What about antidepressants?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Depression - September 20th 2016, 11:28 PM

It varies from person to person, as well as their reasons as to why they are going to therapy or taking antidepressants. I personally like therapy. I had a hard time finding a therapist I could click with, but I have one I like now and it does help but therapy isn't the only thing that helps. I think of therapy as an outlet and something that guides you to go a direction that is safe and healthy for you. You have to want to help yourself and if you don't or aren't ready for that, therapy might not be super helpful until you are ready. If you do start therapy, don't settle on a therapist. Look around and find one you like if you are able to see several; I know some people are unable to.

I used to take antidepressants but don't anymore. I know some people struggling with their mental health can be very pro or anti medications. But my thoughts are to not discount anything that can potentially help you. If you are willing and interested to give it a try, then I think you should go for it. Bear in mind that it can sometimes take a while to find the medication or dosage that works best for you.

Do you do anything to cope with your depression or your self-harm? Maybe you can look into some alternatives or coping skills you can use so you avoid self-harming as long as you can.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
Closed Thread