TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MMantlo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maddyson

Unhappy Don't know what to do - July 5th 2018, 07:17 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Alright so basically next week(this week coming up) is 'Activities week' and you would go on like a load of different trips (3 trips) or you could stay at school and since my behavior hasn't been that let's say meeting the school's requirements i have to stay at school but you can still wear non-uniform and since it's hot people will be wearing short sleeved tops,crop tops and shorts and since i'm not the 'Average size skinny kid' i'm quite insecure about my size i'm not fat or anything but i just don't feel comfortable you know??
And i wouldn't mind wearing short sleeved tops but my arms have scars and recent cuts and scabs on (sorry if a bit much :/ )i don't feel comfortable to wear short sleeves thinking about what other people think and everything plus i don't want to make other uncombftorble.
So here are the options~
-I don't go to school for as long as i can
-Go to school wearing hoodies and that
-Go to school wearing short sleeves
Comment if you've got more!! :/
Forgot to mention on Friday we go to Cambridge so you'd wear the uniform which i'd wear the jumper as well (:

M

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Svisttt Offline
Art Dork~

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: Don't know what to do - July 6th 2018, 06:59 AM

Hey!

Honestly, I'd just do whatever would make you feel the most comfortable. If you'd feel uncomfortable wearing short sleeves right now around other people, then by all means don't feel as though you have to <3 However, it'd also be good to keep the weather in mind (you said it'd be a bit hot). Maybe instead of wearing something a bit heavy like a hoodie, you could wear a shawl or something along those lines? If you do decide to wear short sleeves, you could also try wrapping a bandanna or a bandage or something like that around the injuries to cover them.

I know this isn't what you were asking for, but I figured I'd leave the link to the alternatives/coping methods page, just in case you ever need it! Please take care of yourself, and don't hesitate to reach out again. <3

"hold me
whatever lies beyond this morning
is a little later on."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MMantlo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maddyson

Re: Don't know what to do - July 6th 2018, 04:27 PM

Yeah but i'd feel like since my 'cuts' and 'scars' all up my arm then it stops like near
my shoulder but i may wear a bandanna and bye one this weekend thanks for the advice and i won't threat to ask you for more (:

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread