TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cielicc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: georgia

Unhappy how do i stop? - April 26th 2019, 10:42 PM

ive always been an emotional person but since the fist time I cut its just been getting worse and worst thing s now I lied to my best friend saying I stopped when really its been getting how do I stopworse
what do I do ?

people on other sites say o speak to profesionals but I have no way of doing that and I get really akward.
how do I stop cutting ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Saudade. Offline
Articles Writer
Regular TeenHelper

Re: how do i stop? - May 7th 2019, 09:00 PM

Hi Georgia, and welcome to TeenHelp! I am so sorry you haven't gotten a response yet. Hopefully I can be of some help to you.

So, you say you lied to your best friend about not self-harming when you continue to do so. Do you feel a sense of shame in admitting it to them? Was she angry that you had been self-harming in the past, and this is why you lied? I don't think that is right of her, and it makes sense that would be the reason you lied to her, if that is the case. If not, I suggest telling her the truth so she can be supportive. You shouldn't have to go through this alone!

You also say that you can't go see a counselor. Why is that? Are your parents or guardians the one telling you that you can't? Are you feeling a sense of shame? If it's the latter, they are able to help you come up with healthy coping mechanisms to curb the self-harm.

If you don't want to talk to your best friend or go see a professional—and I think you should—then feel free to utilize the resources TeenHelp provides. After all, you did come to us asking for advice, and the best we can do is point you to our resources page.

Here is the "Alternatives" resource page.

All the best. Feel free to post again if you have to.

Articles Writer