TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mach skys Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 516, Level: 3 Points: 516, Level: 3 Points: 516, Level: 3

help - July 2nd 2021, 11:44 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I want to end it all and I DK how to stop it
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,718, Level: 47 Points: 108,718, Level: 47 Points: 108,718, Level: 47

Re: help - July 3rd 2021, 12:30 AM

Hello and welcome to Teenhelp! It is wonderful that you have joined us and thank you so much for coming on and telling us about what you have been going through. I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this right now and I hope that you will be okay soon. When we have been self harming it is hard to just stop. Everyone does this for different reasons. When you are getting the feeling to do this it is a good idea to try something to get your mind off of this for a while. For example putting on a funny movie or TV show or grabbing a book to read for a while or drawing or painting or if you have a pet, play with them for a while or baking cookies or brownies or calling a friend or doing something else that you enjoy doing. Sometimes we may have to do a few different things to help us to make the feeling go away and be ok. If you have to do a few things to help you, it is totally fine and try not to get upset. If you are still in school you can try talking to the school counselors or if you have a teacher that you trust and ask them to talk about what you are going through. They always want to help us when we are going through something, so that we will be ok soon. If you would like to try talking with your parents, try that or write a letter and put everything in it. At the end of this ask to talk about this. I hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: help - July 3rd 2021, 02:15 PM

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out, I know that's a really hard thing to do so you should be proud of asking for help.

I am sorry you're dealing with feeling this way. If you feel like going into more detail about what's going on, feel free to do that. Sometimes it really helps to get things off of your chest, and this is a great place to do that because the site is full of really amazing people who can give you some amazing support and advice.

Emmie gave some really good examples of things you can do to distract yourself when you feel like self harming. It's important to know that you're not alone, and many people have been where you are and made it through. Distractions and alternatives are a good way to make it through difficult urges when you feel triggered, and TH has a really good list of some examples which you can find here. For me, I found it really helpful to keep my hands busy, such as by fiddling with a toy or object, as well as taking myself away from situations which might encourage me to hurt myself. Maybe you can do this by putting in some headphones and going for a walk in the fresh air. This way, you're away from the location where it becomes easy to hurt yourself, and being outside is a good way to feel more relaxed too. Maybe you could bring along a book, or a notepad or sketchpad and find yourself somewhere to sit, and then you can take your mind away from what's going on too.

None of these things will make everything stop for good, and I know that it's hard knowing urges will happen again sometime, but remember that it's a process. Self harm becomes addictive, and when you feel bad as it is, it' even harder to find coping mechanisms which are healthier. Try a few distractions, find which ones work for you, and that way you'll have a little toolkit for when you need it, and you can turn to that when things get really difficult. It's okay not to be okay, and it's okay to take things a day at a time, or even an hour or a minute at a time sometimes too.

Feel free to message me any time if you want to talk. I hope you're okay.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
Closed Thread