TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mellie_Sixx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mellissa

I cant stop . I need to do it to feel better . - January 18th 2009, 02:44 PM

I cant stop cutting .
With everything going on I Crave it .
Everyone thinks its for attention but they dont get it .
They dont understand .
I need help .

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Heaven Sent, to Help You!
Average Joe

Name: Brooke

Re: I cant stop . I need to do it to feel better . - January 18th 2009, 03:20 PM

I think ou need to tell some one like a counselor, that will make people listen to you. That's the only way I got people to listen to me before and I got the help I needed through her. If you don't have a counselor that you can tell, try and tell a teacher or a trusted adult. Believe it or not, a lot of teachers are there more than to teach you and they'll help you get the help you need.

So where did everyone go?
And you don't even know
So don't pretend that you do

It's just a set up
For all the failures
Always playing after something cool

Send a message via AIM to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via MSN to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke Basketcase  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: I cant stop . I need to do it to feel better . - January 18th 2009, 03:26 PM

Hey Mellissa,
I know how you feel about people not understanding self harm. But I guess you need to explain to people that you don't self harm for attention and explain your reasons for doing it. It can be really hard for people who don't self harm to understand why someone would hurt themselves purposely. It is good you realise that you need help. Perhaps there is someone you feel you could trust who you could confide in. You don't have to be alone with this. It can feel so much better once you have shared your problems with someone else. I hope you find the strength to tell someone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mellie_Sixx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I cant stop . I need to do it to feel better . - January 18th 2009, 03:34 PM

I try to talk to adults but when I told my mom she said the next time i do it i go to the hospital. i cant tell my friends mom because she might tell my mom, I cant talk to my brother because he said he would hurt me and if i tell anyone at the school they would call home and tell my mom. I have no one to talk to. nobody understands. I'm so close to commiting suicide . I only have a few people that keep me from it .

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: I cant stop . I need to do it to feel better . - January 18th 2009, 03:46 PM

Your mum is obviously concerned about you otherwise she wouldn't suggest going to the hospital next time you do it. Mellissa, keeping it to yourself hasn't worked so far so it sounds like you need to try and tell someone. I think you need to speak to your mum about things and try to get her to understand why you self harm. She must care about you, but probably doesn't understand why you do it and is worried of you hurting yourself badly. You could try writing her a letter explaining things if that was any easier. Or is there a school counsellor or anyone you could talk to?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mellie_Sixx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I cant stop . I need to do it to feel better . - January 18th 2009, 07:03 PM

no but I feel better now I talked to someone on here and he helped me thanks for your help .

(#7 (permalink)) Old
abbyxoxo95 Offline
Abby
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: abby

Re: I cant stop . I need to do it to feel better . - January 18th 2009, 07:45 PM

your mind is taking over how you really feel. you need to dig deep inside your heart and search for your real feelings. cutting is just a way to cover up the hurt you feel. your self consciencly trying to burry the pain. believe me i've been through it before.talk to someone.
  Send a message via AIM to abbyxoxo95  
Closed Thread