TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

i wanna cut. - July 25th 2009, 07:11 PM

like really bad; i just got into a huge fight and now i just want to cut and take the emotionally pain away. it hurts really bad and i'm going to let people down and now there really not going to believe me because i said i wouldn't do it again and they kind of hinted that they didn't believe it and they just "we'll see," and they're right.... because i won't quit. i never quit. and i can't now.

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SpiderHan03 Offline
Living for God
Average Joe

Name: Han

Re: i wanna cut. - July 25th 2009, 07:45 PM

Of course you can stop. You know what I did last night. I took my nail and scratched my arm really hard and it helped. Try it and see if it works. You can do this. Find another way. Call someone. Write. Do something. Stay strong.

"No matter how bad something is hurting us... sometimes it hurts worse to let it go..."

Send a message via AIM to SpiderHan03  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: i wanna cut. - July 25th 2009, 09:56 PM

Hey Cassie,

Having a fight with somebody is really horrible isn't it; it can really make you feel bad. There are other ways to deal with the pain though Cassie and I think you know that. Even though it seems like cutting will help it right now, just think about it. Maybe you will feel a bit better for a few minutes or so but the pain will come back, self harm is just a temporary fix. It masks the pain but doesnt make it go away. In the end cutting only causes more problems and makes you feel worse about cutting. I know you have gone without self harm before and resisted the urges, I think you can do it this time too. Think of all the techniques you used, what helps you? Personally I find that if I find something else to focus on then the urge to cut lessens; lately I have been going on my nintendo DS and playing brain training! It sounds daft but things like that really do work so maybe you could have a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderHan03 View Post
I took my nail and scratched my arm really hard and it helped. Try it and see if it works.
I dont think this will be helpful for you Cassie. Just to make you aware, this is still self harming even though it isn't cutting it is still the same really. There are other healthy ways of dealing with it than that such as alternatives.

I really hope you don't cut yourself but if you do, don't beat yourself up about it. Self harm is just how you have been coping and sometimes its hard not to revert back to unhealthy methods of coping when we get the urge. Other people don't matter though, don't worry about letting them down or anything because you aren't. This is not your fault in any way and you know what, you don't have to prove anything to them. You will get there in the end, I believe you can do it.

Take care,
Jen

PM // VM

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: i wanna cut. - July 26th 2009, 03:44 AM

Cassie,

I know you are going through a hard and confusing time at the moment but you can get through this; I know you can.

I know that cutting seems like the best option right now but Jenn is right, it will only make you feel good for a few seconds and then you will feel bad all over again; you don't want that. Instead of cutting talk to someone about the things that are bothering you. If you feel like you don't have somebody to talk to in the 'real' world come on here and talk to me or someone else you feel comfortable with; just talk about what is bothering you. Talking really does help.

Cassie, try the alternatives too. I know that sometimes cutting seems like the better option but in the end the alternatives are the better option. Just hang in there and it will be okay.

I hope this helped and if you ever need someone to talk to please feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: i wanna cut. - July 26th 2009, 07:21 PM

well i was trying to snap a rubber band on my wrist but then my other dad got mad and broke it today at church because i always want to try and quit my way. whatever that means, so i have no more rubber bands and obv. he doesn't want to talk about it and neither does anybody and i'm going out of town, so i have nobody. i don't know what to do I DONT WANT TO CUT. but i'm having horrible urges ]=

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: i wanna cut. - July 26th 2009, 08:11 PM

Cassie,

The rubberband technique really is not a good idea because it can be considered self-harm. I think what your 'other' dad meant was that you were trying to quit but you were doing it in a way that still hurts you; I think he might have been trying to look out for you.

Is there anyone you can talk to about this? I know you are having difficulty but what if you found someone else to talk to? Someone from your church; I know the urges are strong but you can get through this. Take it one day at a time; one hour at a time if need be.

Please hang in there and if you want to talk please feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: i wanna cut. - July 26th 2009, 08:38 PM

Hey Cassie,

Sorry the urges to self harm are really bad. It's ok though; you have got through the urges before. You can do it. Do you think you could phone somebody if you are out of town and want to talk? There is always services such as childline or samaritans if there really is nobody. Maybe instead of harming yourself you could try and do something nice for yourself instead; you could take a bath or use a nice body lotion or paint your nails etc. That could make you feel better, I know I find that it helps. If it gets really bad then it can help to go for a walk, it can calm you down and excersize makes you feel better.

Take care,
Jen

PM // VM

Closed Thread