TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

Unhappy i might relaps - August 1st 2009, 03:28 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

my best friend grandpa died and that made me remember that night my grandpa died. i'm really upset and want to cut plus i'min tears. help me plz

♥GRANDPA'S LITTLE GIRL♥

(#2 (permalink)) Old
samaritan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alli

Re: i might relaps - August 1st 2009, 05:06 AM

cutting may feel like a way to make whats going on mentally and emotionally into something that you can control, but in the long run it only makes things worse. your grandfather is in a better place and I'm sure he does not want you to hurt yourself as a result of his death.
  Send a message via AIM to samaritan  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: i might relaps - August 1st 2009, 05:48 AM

I'm sorry to hear about both deaths. I know that death isn't an easy thing to deal with and it'll certainly upset us at times. Do any of your friends or family members know that you self-harm? Grieving for a lost relative is not a bad thing. It's much easier to deal with when you're coping with the people around you. I'm sure your family misses your grandfather very much as well. Having them by your side could not only help you deal with the death of your grandfather specifically but it will also allow your mind to be focused on them, thus not focused on cutting.

Like Alli said, your grandfather is in another place. Do you think your grandfather would want you to self-harm? Do what you think will make him happy. There is no reason to cut over your grandfather's death. Death is a part of life and we all must learn to cope with it. I know it's hard but you can get through it - without resorting to self-harm. You must find other outlets; different ways to cope in this kind of situation. It would certainly help if somebody else, preferably an adult, knew about the self-harm. That way, they could help you avoid self-harm and get the help that you need.

SUP BRO.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

Angry Re: i might relaps - August 2nd 2009, 03:04 AM

shit. i hate my self. i cut 5 minutes ago. i can't do this anymore. i want too give up.

♥GRANDPA'S LITTLE GIRL♥

(#5 (permalink)) Old
samaritan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alli

Re: i might relaps - August 2nd 2009, 03:36 AM

you say u hate urself? well how do u think u'll feel if u decide to end it all? Be strong and make your grandfather proud, he doesnt want to to be unhappy. I am not saying that suddenly deciding to stop hurting yourself is easy, but i am saying that i know you can do it.
  Send a message via AIM to samaritan  
Closed Thread