TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Unhappy I think... - August 2nd 2009, 02:49 AM

I think I'm going to do it agian it's been TWO years. My life is so stressfull right now. I can't talk to anyone. I don't want to do it but it seems to be the only way of releasing my pain. I just need someone to tell me I can get though this. All though it may not be true. No one loves me, my mom cares more about her abusive boyfriend than her daughter, my dog has eplipsy, i'm scared to be in my home with my moms boyfriend, my dad is so depressed i'm afraid he may not get though it... Can my life get any more twisted? ooo wait it can...

Last edited by Shopaholic; August 2nd 2009 at 02:56 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: I think... - August 2nd 2009, 03:12 AM

Hey, Megan. Despite the crappy living situations you have to put up with, there are people that love you. You're absolutely amazing for going without SH for two years...and you can keep that going, too. You don't need this. No matter what's happening in your life, you're still worthy of love and don't deserve any punishment you inflict on yourself. Everyone on here cares about you and your fight and you CAN and WILL keep going. You're so strong, you've proven that already, don't give in. If you're worried about your dad, talk to him. Let him know he's not alone and that you love him. You can help each other at least by letting each other know you're there. As for your mom, I doubt she cares about him more than you...if you want to confront her about not being comfortable with her boyfriend, maybe you should. You don't know if she'll listen unless you try.

I hope this helps a little... *hug* Please PM me if you ever wanna talk.

When you say "never", I'll say "lie"
When you say "always", I'll say "true"
When you say "love", I'll say "you"
I'll say "you"

It gets better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: I think... - August 2nd 2009, 07:51 AM

you're going through a very tough situation,
and i'm sorry for that.
but you CAN get through it!
i have soo much faith in you.
you went two years?
that's incredible.
i would do anything to be able to go two years!
and you did it!?
do you not see what a great accomplishment that is?
it's fantastic.
you should be so proud of yourself.
you are an inspiration to me.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: I think... - August 2nd 2009, 10:56 AM

Hey Megan,

I cannot even say how amazing 2 years is!! It is absolutely fantastic and I think you are so strong to have got this far. It does take a great deal of strength to go any amount of time without self harm but 2 years without it is amazing.

Do you know what has helped to get this far? Have you had urges during the 2 years you haven't self harmed that you have got through? If so it might help to think back to what helped you get through the urges then, because it might be able to help you now. You can get through this though, you don't have to self harm. There is other ways to release your feelings like writing down how you feel or talking to someone. Perhaps write down a list of all the reasons you don't want to self harm and then when you feel like it you can look at these.

What is happening with your mums boyfriend? If he is abusing you then you don't deserve that and shouldn't have to put up with it. I know you say you have no one you can talk to. But it might really help to talk to someone. Remember you always have everyone here.

Don't give up because you can get through this! Keep going :-)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: I think... - August 3rd 2009, 03:37 AM

I'm having the urge. I kind of want to talk to someone but no one is here at home. Any idea to keep my mind off of it. The only con i see in it is the scar. and my mom finding out. but i don't really care...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Perplexity Offline
Per sempre <3
I've been here a while

Name: Shaz

Re: I think... - August 3rd 2009, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic3593 View Post
I'm having the urge. I kind of want to talk to someone but no one is here at home. Any idea to keep my mind off of it. The only con i see in it is the scar. and my mom finding out. but i don't really care...
Hey there,

Have you tried using any alternatives? I think alternatives can be very helpful when you have an urge. They can help to distract and take your mind off the urge. The alternatives sticky at the top of this forum is full of alternatives that you might want to try. You might want to check it out when you have the chance. Of course not all alternatives are going to work for you, but there will be some that DO work for you. It's pretty much a trial and error method to find the ones that work for you, but I think it's worth it. It's great when you find something that's healthy that you can turn to instead of self harm.

If you need to talk, my PM box is always open.

Take care.

Last edited by Perplexity; August 3rd 2009 at 04:53 AM.

Closed Thread