TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lil'OrphanAnnie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rose

dang it - August 11th 2009, 05:10 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have been self harming again. I cant tell anyone that i have. We are going through so much in my family. And my best friend will be dissapointed in me. im so ashamed of me. I wish i could tell someone. i feel so alone.

The Unicorn
-The beautiful white horse with the magical horn that heals. <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: dang it - August 11th 2009, 05:50 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry that things have been rough lately. But please don't be ashamed of yourself - self-harm is a difficult thing to get over, especially when things with friends and family are going on. But please don't hurt yourself; there are ways to get through that. Family and friend troubles hurt enough without our just adding more.

But hey, you're not alone If you'd ever like to talk about what's going on, feel free to PM me anytime. And is there someone like a counselor you could tell? Or a relative, or even a neighbor? It's okay to ask for help.

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: dang it - August 11th 2009, 08:58 AM

Having a relapse is nothing you should be ashamed of. It happens to everyone and you just need to keep going and not let it set you back or you'll just get worse and have more relapses. It seems like you're probably a people-pleaser because you don't like to add to what people already have, even if it means making things worse for yourself. A lot of the time though, it would be better if you tried not to be that way. I don't think your best friend will be disappointed, and if they are then they probably don't understand something and you should try to help them understand so that you can get some relief in being able to talk to them. Make sure you think of yourself sometimes even though it's also good to think of other people, you just need to find a balance. There's also people on here willing to talk to you all the time, including myself. PM me or whatever if you ever need anything, we all want to help.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: dang it - August 11th 2009, 06:35 PM

Hey, I'm sorry you've been going through a rough time. That's really hard. You mean a lot to your friends and family, but if they are already in pain, that would be hard. Disappointing your best friend is always hard, I'm sure I've done it plenty unfortunately. But you just need to hang in there. While having the temptation to self harm, hold it back as long as possible. And you should think about your friend and family while trying to hold it back. If they found out, wouldn't it even more hard on them? I'm sure you don't want that. And most importantly, you need to remember that there IS hope. This is one relapse. I know you can do it.
If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm always here for you, and I would love to talk to you.
We can trade stories maybe.
Good Luck.

Kayla.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: dang it - August 11th 2009, 07:24 PM

I'm really sorry that you relapsed..but most people have relapses in there life and its okay because now you know you can do it and now you can go longer with out doing it next time. As for being a lone I asure you that your not alone at all there are a lot of people out there that feel the same way you do right now...You just have to remember to stay strong.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread