TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

i give up - August 12th 2009, 04:00 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i'm done with bein strong. i thought somebody cared about me but they don't. fuck my world. i'm just going to cut on my arms so i can die

♥GRANDPA'S LITTLE GIRL♥

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: i give up - August 12th 2009, 04:37 AM

I'm so sorry for what you're going through!
But cutting/suicide is not the best solution
If you're comfortable, please tell me whats bothering you <3
PM me anytime, love
You can keep being strong, because you are a brave girl.

Lawl.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: i give up - August 12th 2009, 04:42 AM

Erika-
Good for you for putting this up here. We all experience pain in our lives. I can assure you that the person who you say doesn't care about you isn't worth hurting yourself over. Nothing is worth hurting yourself over because it'll just make things worse in the long run. Killing yourself also won't help anything, if you've been strong enough to make it this far then you can continue staying strong. Nobody wants to have you die or hurt yourself. Stay strong because I promise you it'll be worth it. PM me if you need anything.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

Re: i give up - August 12th 2009, 05:22 AM

i cut i'm so done with bein strong. byeeeeeeeeee

♥GRANDPA'S LITTLE GIRL♥

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: i give up - August 12th 2009, 05:27 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are struggling but it will get better so please hang in there.

I was wondering if you have considered using the alternatives that are listed in this forum? The alternatives can be really helpful when it comes to stopping with the SH. I know that sometimes the alternatives may seem like they don't work but that is usually because your body has become so used to using the SH that it takes a while for it to accept the alternatives. Please don't give up on the alternatives working because they will.

I know how disappointing it can be when we try to stop cutting and then we cut but try and pick yourself up because in the end you can always try again: "If at first you don't succeed try again".

Cutting is a hard habit to overcome but you can beat it and when you do you will be so proud of yourself just don't give up.

I hope this helped.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: i give up - August 12th 2009, 06:52 AM

Hey Erika,

I'm so sorry about the late reply - I hope you're okay.

Please don't hurt yourself. I'm so sorry that you hurt so much - I wish I could be there a hug and remind you that things will be okay. Even though we struggle and things can hurt a ridiculous lot sometimes, pain does subside and the "impossible" becomes the achieved. You are cared about. A lot. Especially by us.

Hang in there, Erika. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: i give up - August 14th 2009, 06:27 AM

You cannot give up on being strong - you need to keep going and live well. If one person gave you a hard time and made you believe that they didn't care about you, I guarantee you there are a hundred more who love you to pieces! Think of your friends and family; I bet even people you wouldn't expect to care about you greatly, like teachers, counselors from school, acquaintances, etc.

It sounds like you need to find the will to be strong; I understand that you feel lost, but you can find yourself again. Please, try speaking to a counselor at school at the least. I guarantee if you open yourself up just a little bit to a counselor, a friends or a parent, you will find so much love coming in your direction!
  Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: i give up - August 14th 2009, 11:06 PM

Hey! Come on chin up, I care about you. I'm here i had to go on holiday but i'm back now. we all care about you and we dont want you doing something bad to yourself.
Just hold on.
Talk to me if you need too <3

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: i give up - August 14th 2009, 11:41 PM

Hello Erika,

Look dear, keep your head up high. Things are bad now, but I do ensure you that things will get better, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but in the future, things will be fine.

Don't think that no one cares about you, because there are so many people who really do. If we didn't care here, no one would have responded, but look at how many have! People care about you dearly, they don't want to see you hurting.

You don't need to hurt yourself. Find alternatives, look at the sticky on the top of this forum. Try to resist from hurting yourself. It will make you feel better for a few minutes, but then you'll feel guilt afterwards, so it's definitely not worth it.

Please talk to someone, anyone, to get some help. I think you should talk to a school counsellor, or even a therapist to help sort out your feelings.

I think you are strong. Keep your head held high, I care about you, I don't want to see you get hurt. Please talk to someone. I hope this message finds you well. Please take care of yourself.

Closed Thread