TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Name: Saria

Unhappy Too Hard - August 14th 2009, 06:35 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I finally have finally realised that no one really cares whether I self harm or not so I am just gonna give in.

"Feeling Change - Memories Don't"
"Enjoy the Moment and don't let it end"
"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
"He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble." 2 Corinthians 1:4
PM me anytime
Tumblr
http://1000reasonstosmile.tumblr.com/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Anduriel Offline
srsly, wtf.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Too Hard - August 14th 2009, 06:59 AM

Hi Saria,

We care! Me and everyone else on this site. We don't want you to hurt yourself. Have you tried the list of alternatives? The shortcut is http://teenhelp.org/alternatives . Some of them may seem silly but use them often enough and they work. Other times you can just wait if you feel you can control it, and like any other urge it will naturally subside. What makes you feel this way? You can talk to us. Feel free to PM me.
  Send a message via AIM to Anduriel Send a message via MSN to Anduriel Send a message via Skype™ to Anduriel 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Too Hard - August 14th 2009, 08:51 AM

Saria,

I am so sorry you are struggling but I care about you and I don't want you to self-harm. I know that this may not be as good as people in 'real' life caring but its something isn't it?

I agree that you should try the alternatives; someone them are actually kind of fun to try as well. One thing I wanted to remind you of is that that sometimes your body rebels against the alternatives so give them time. I know it can suck to wait but don't give up because you deserve to be self-harm free.

I know right now you are having difficulty finding someone to talk to but if you could try talking to someone maybe someone from this site or someone from your 'real' life but please talk. Talking is hard to do but it really does help when it comes to dealing with the urges.

Saria please hang in there and if you need someone to talk to I am available.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Too Hard - August 14th 2009, 08:54 AM

Everything is just craching down on me and I can't handle it. I need someway way to cope.

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
"He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble." 2 Corinthians 1:4
PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Too Hard - August 14th 2009, 10:37 AM

Saria,

There a better ways to cope then self-harm. The truth is self-harm only 'works' for so long before everything comes crashing down on you too. What you need to do is find proper coping skills and the alternatives will help you do that. Please look into the alternatives and use them as much as possible and soon enough you might find yourself not needing the self-harm as much.

My pm is always open.

~Jenna~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Too Hard - August 14th 2009, 10:55 AM

I just can't think straight I am so confused.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Liz

Re: Too Hard - August 15th 2009, 04:34 AM

Saria, I understand that you feel so overwhelmed right now, and I used to also resort to SH when I was overwhelmed and feeling so alone. But what really helped me was breathing. Take a few deep breaths in your nose, and let them out your mouth. It really does help. Try to clear your mind when you're breathing. I know it seems right now like the world is going to end, but I promise you that things will be alright, maybe not GREAT, but things will get better. When you've hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up! :] Hope you're okay <3 My PM box is ALWAYS open

Be soft.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Too Hard - August 15th 2009, 04:38 AM

I just can't handle everything and it is so hard for me to think about what I am doing to stop myself self harming and to distract myself

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Too Hard - August 15th 2009, 05:05 AM

Well, what's on your mind? Maybe if we can solve some things it will take some off of your plate, and you can hopefully try to relax a little?

Be soft.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Too Hard - August 15th 2009, 05:11 AM

Everything that is happening to me at the moment is on my mind and there is so much of it that I can't think straight.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Too Hard - August 15th 2009, 05:15 AM

Well try to give your mind a rest. It'll take alot of focus, but It can work if you try really hard. Just try to think of something relaxing, like water, or maybe go for a walk?

Maybe it would help to write every single thing on your mind that's bothering you down on paper (put one thing on one paper at a time, like charades), then fold them and put them in a drawer in your room, or on your dresser or somehting of the sort. Then you can save all those things for later, and pick one thing at a time to work on. That would help you to forget some things until you're ready to work on them, and think about them.
Bestwishes xx

Be soft.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Too Hard - August 15th 2009, 05:27 AM

I'll try to give my mind a rest but I don't know how I will go. Everything just keeps going around and around in my head

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#13 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Too Hard - August 15th 2009, 08:36 AM

Saria,

Do you think you could try writing down all the thoughts in your head? I know it might not be as good as talking about them or actually getting rid of the problems but writing down the thoughts rolling around in your head might help because you will be giving your mind a rest for a bit. Do you think you could give it a try?

~Jenna~

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Too Hard - August 15th 2009, 08:41 AM

I have been writing them down but it just makes them seem more real once they are actually in front of me on paper.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Too Hard - August 15th 2009, 03:37 PM

Once you write them all down, fold the paper so you can't see the words, then put that paper somewhere safe and out of sight so your problems can take a rest too. as well as your mind

xx

Be soft.

Closed Thread