TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WhoAmI? Offline
Not a n00b

thinking... - September 4th 2009, 05:44 AM

What if I end up like Richey Edwards from the Manic Street Preachers... he never quit cutting and he's also an alchoholic!?? Or Sid Vicious and be a cutter, alchoholic AND a drug addict!? I've never done drugs before, but I've thought about it. Have you ever had thoughts of what you're going to be like in that sense when your older?? Your future? I just need to know I'm not alone with this thought, I guess...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Raptor Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Raptor

Re: thinking... - September 4th 2009, 02:08 PM

Hey

There are so many 'what if' questions in everyone's lives...most of the time they're pointless to think about.
Don't fill your time thinking what may come of you or what would happen if this happened.
Live your life appropiate to you and your actions.
Be STRONGER than others, quit the cutting, and drinking, stay away from drugs. Be someone that one day others will think "I HOPE I end up like him."

I try not to think about the future when it comes to things like self harm etc. I work with what I've got on a day to day basis, and make the most of what I've got now.
When I was really depressed, I guess I did, but that never helped me. (I cant really say much else on that matter as I've blocked a lot of it out and can't remember)

--Raptor!

I'm making sense of shattered dreams
I want you to be proud of me.

Freedom can be frightning if you've never felt it.

Member since 2006.
Recovering self harmer - Last SH 24/08/09

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: thinking... - September 4th 2009, 04:01 PM

Hey,

I use to think I would never be free of self harm and would never be able to stop. But I have realised that there is so much more to life than being stuck in a rut of depression and self harming forever. Giving up self harm has to be a choice you make for yourself and you have to want to do it. If you don't want to give up then I don't think you will be able to. I decided for myself that I wanted things to be different so I changed things for myself. Of course it hasn't been easy in fact it has been pretty damm hard at times. But it has definitely been worth it. You can't change the past but you can determine how your future works out

You can stop if you want to. You can go on to live a happy fulfilling life

Closed Thread