TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz [: Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liz

Noooooo! - September 25th 2009, 12:33 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I haven't cut in about 1 and 1/2 years. My best friend and I do everything together. We've been best friends since kindergarden. I never told her about my Self Harm until today. I thought I could trust her. I told her everything, including that I haven't done it in a long time.

So what did she say? Well, she called me a coward, a self-centered *beep*, a con-artist, a brat, an *beep* hole, and that I have no morals and I should just go and kill my self...what's worse? She told the whole school. Who then called the cops.

I'm very proud of myself for not cutting for a long time...but now my parents aren't home...and I feel like doing it now...A LOT.

I'm sorry. I'm just really upset right now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wishable Offline
★ Listen Up, Destiny
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Re: Noooooo! - September 25th 2009, 12:41 AM

Wow, wait let me get this straight, your friend told the school that you USED to have a problem, and then they called the cops... what?!

To begin with, everything your friend called you is completely wrong. I know first hand how much strength it takes to stop cutting, and you are incredibly strong to have made it so far and overcome this. That is amazing, please do not let anything that your friend said take the success away from you.

I am so proud of you, that's just brilliant, makes me smile to see how long its been. I think that maybe your friend doesn't understand, sometimes what we don't understand we fear and therefore criticize. Let her calm down a bit, and then talk to her. Maybe send her some sites or explain SH to her. Make sure you are strong in the fact that you are not wrong, and you are proud of where you are.

Hang in there, you have done so well and your friend doesn't understand this situation at all.

need some hope? click this one
know an angel? tell me about it

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Liz [: Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liz

Re: Noooooo! - September 25th 2009, 12:49 AM

Yeah they did...they said "I was putting other students at potential harm"

I don't get why they called the cops...

And thank you for the advice

It made my day

No.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Wishable Offline
★ Listen Up, Destiny
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Re: Noooooo! - September 25th 2009, 12:55 AM

Putting other students at potential harm? What? By giving them suggestions? Seriously if anyone is at the point where they would hear your story and say "Oh yeah, great idea I'll go try that now"... it would not be your fault, and would mean they need some serious help.

It sounds like you had such a shitty day, and I'm really sorry about that, but please don't let her (or anyone else) shake this confidence you've gained. In my room however many miles away from where you live I'm giving you a huge round of applause for beating the addiction.

need some hope? click this one
know an angel? tell me about it

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Noooooo! - September 25th 2009, 03:58 AM

Clearly they missed the whole "self" part about "self-harm"

*major hugs*
That is... like...
I really don't have word to describe my incredulous anger towards that.

&& PLEASE don't cut.
You don't need to be sorry, either. You CLEARLY had a shitty day and it's kind of first instinct. Even after time.
And if you did give in, it'd just kind of be like, giving into her.
Keep going.
You're so amazingly strong. <3

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

Closed Thread