TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
chhd Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Savanna

Exclamation My new thing - September 25th 2009, 02:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I thought I was cured. I thought rehab helped. I thought i was normal again. NOT! Is relapsing really a part of the whole healing process? because i am seriously starting to lose my faith. I keep thinking back to when i first heard about SH and how dumb i thought it was now i can't imagine my life without it. I need to know something from someone who actually knows what they're talking about, my friend taught me to SH with salt and ice. Is this more damaging than cutting? What are the risks of doing this? I think i need to go back to rehab. I just don't want to disappoint my parents.

Then she closed her eyes
And found relief in a knife
The blood flows as she cries
Between The Trees-The Way She Feels

As she sits in the corner
face to the floor
she dispels smoke from from her lips
and slowly floats away with it
lettinggo of so much pain
her tears are thick enough to stain
the pavement that slowly becomes
her best friend when she needs to run away
Between The Trees- A Time For Yohe
  Send a message via AIM to chhd Send a message via Yahoo to chhd  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: My new thing - September 25th 2009, 02:42 AM

Hey Savanna, I'm glad you decided to get help and I'm sorry you're struggling. Relapse is a part of the healing process, depending on what the problem is relapse rates can be as high as over 90% I know you don't want to disappoint your parents, but they might feel better about things if you're up front with them as opposed to them finding out some other way.

Salt and ice will cause a burn as opposed to a cut, as for the difference in severity I'm not the best person to answer that.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maryann

Re: My new thing - September 25th 2009, 04:28 AM

My GC told me he dnt want me cutting but he would rather me cut if i felt i wanted to hurt myself cause usually when i burn with salt and ice it server. I end up have 2nd degree burns. he said its more risk of infection then cutting but he said he dnt want me doin either of course but in my opinion i think hes right. Burning is worse then cutting.

Proud Pentecostal Girl

RIP big brother
pfc. Bradley Shane Coleman
9/22/84-10/29/08
my class ring. orange ribbon 4 si awarness!!!! i love my ring!!
  Send a message via MSN to butterflygirl_13 Send a message via Yahoo to butterflygirl_13  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: My new thing - September 25th 2009, 04:34 PM

Hey Savanna,

Salt and ice is damaging and has the risk of infection. Relapsing is part of the healing process. You may relapse many times before you finally stop. But relapses are only part of recovery and they do happen; it is how you move on after them that really matters. But you learn from them and they make you a stronger person.

I don't think you would be disappointing your parents at all. If you need help then you need help. I think they will be happy that you told them so they can support you through it.

If you ever need anything then I am always happy to listen. Stay strong

Closed Thread