TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KaylaSue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy The urge hasn't been this bad in a long time.. - October 10th 2009, 04:00 AM

So I was just on here the other day celebrating 5 years. I thought that maybe it being so long I wouldn't have the urge like I used to. Sometimes, very rarely in the last year or so I have felt the need to. Then I just snap myself with a rubber band or distract myself so I can ignore. But since celebrating 5 years the urge has gotten so bad.. I want to just do it one more time.. I just need to feel the pain.. I mean if I do it now we are back to square one but I can come back from that.. the longer I wait to do it the more of a disappointment it will be if I do it.. like five years from now what if I just want one tiny little cut.. then that would be throwing ten years away! so why not just tonight or tomorrow? one little cut wouldn't hurt that bad.. I mean I have made it five years so I could do it again.. I hate myself for even thinking like this but I feel like nothing is going to make this go away unless I pick up my little blade and end the urge..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: The urge hasn't been this bad in a long time.. - October 10th 2009, 06:37 PM

Hey,

You don't have to self harm, you really don't. 5 years is such an achievement! It is just so amazing and I don't think you want to just throw it all away. It won't be worth it and will only cause you more problems and more pain. You know deep down that self harming will just make you feel worse and I don't think you want to go back to it. You are much stronger than self harm so don't let it win.

The urges will go away in time. You can hang on and don't have to do this to yourself. Check out the alternatives thread because that has so many suggestions of things you can do rather than self harm. You can get through this so don't give up. I am always here if you want to talk. Stay strong

(#3 (permalink)) Old
mary861 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: The urge hasn't been this bad in a long time.. - October 10th 2009, 06:52 PM

From experience I can tell you, the urge to cut is not as bad as the guilt after you cut. I promise. STAY STRONG.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
KaylaSue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: The urge hasn't been this bad in a long time.. - October 12th 2009, 03:05 AM

so I made it through the weekend.. and the urge has gone away a little.. but i still want to just feel that rush.. just one more time is all I need

(#5 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: The urge hasn't been this bad in a long time.. - October 12th 2009, 08:48 PM

You say that you just want to feel it one more time, but what's to stop that one time from turning into a hundred times? You don't want that to happen. You know that you don't. Just think of how proud you are of yourself for making it this long, and how guilty you'd feel if you cut again. It's not worth it. You deserve better. You're so strong! Hang in there!!

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: The urge hasn't been this bad in a long time.. - October 12th 2009, 10:41 PM

5 years is a great achievement Well done!!! The urges can be strong or weak but distracting yourself is the key. when you feel the urge why not try and colour your hair, or read a book. Call your friends up and see if you can all hang out that way your distracted and having fun with friends until the urges go. i am always here if you need to talk just pm me . keep being strong and brave and you can get through this.
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
Closed Thread