TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Please!! I need help!! - October 12th 2009, 05:26 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So all this time I've been helping other people, telling them how proud I am of them getting the help they need. I'm congratulating them for telling somebody. I'm happy they've stopped. I'm super glad for them... but I can't get myself to do the same. I can't tell anybody... in part because I'm so happy-go-lucky (on the outside) that a lot of people don't believe me (except my friends who don't like the way my family treats me). It's not like I care what my family does, and yeah I'm treated differently but I deal with it, I don't care so much anymore. My friends want me out of there but it's not like they're beating me. It's all just emotional abuse that I'm not quite sure they're even aware of and even if I brought it to their attention, they would deny it.

I'm just struggling with the fact that I want to help others get out of the situation I'm in so badly.. yet I don't want to get help. I feel like I have a fall-back plan if something goes wrong. While I know it's not right to self harm, I still feel the need to if something stressful, or saddening comes my way. How can I be so willing to help others and try to encourage them to get help when I myself can't bring myself to do it?

I'm going on seven days but I'm scared I'll slip soon and I know when I slip I'll be so mad at myself but I'm struggling soooo much... and I want to get help but I feel like I can never get help... What do I do? Please reply!

~Kimmi~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SezzaPSYCHO Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sezza

Re: Please!! I need help!! - October 12th 2009, 09:00 PM

Hey.

I read this, and though I know I'll be little help, I had to reply.

I don't even know you, but I tell that you're an amazing and strong person. You struggle to help others, whilst in desperate need yourself, you seem like the sort of friend everyone wishes to have. You are strong, that's how you've come this far. You just need to realise just how special you are.

If all these other people can over come problems, you can too. And after all the advice you've given to other people, there's little I can say that you haven't heard before, or said yourself. But just be strong.

I'm a weak, stupid, broken kid and I made in nearly two months. You ARE strong and you CAN do it. And I'll be here to help you, if you want it.

All my Love,

Sezza xxx
  Send a message via AIM to SezzaPSYCHO Send a message via MSN to SezzaPSYCHO Send a message via Skype™ to SezzaPSYCHO 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: Please!! I need help!! - October 12th 2009, 09:38 PM

I think you did a good thing posting here, and its great that your helping others now it's time someone give you a bit of encouragement and help. Quiting self harm is hard it's not an easy road but it can be done. I think maybe you should think about getting some therapy, they will give you someone to talk to and support. also talking to your family can help, they can act as a big support as they are often with you the most.
pm me anytime. Think about getting some therapy i think thats a great place to start in your road to recovery.
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
Closed Thread