TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
haru Offline
My Own Internal Conflict
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,967, Level: 14 Points: 9,967, Level: 14 Points: 9,967, Level: 14

well, i have an addiction to this too - December 16th 2009, 03:40 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have cut since i was in 6th grade, im now in 9th grade..... Cutting is kind of like, my drug, i am very addicted to it. The last time i cut was sometime in October of this year.... but lately i have had a strong urge to cut, my mind wont leave it.... i want to cut so bad,.... but then again, i dont
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,170, Level: 15 Points: 11,170, Level: 15 Points: 11,170, Level: 15

Re: well, i have an addiction to this too - December 16th 2009, 04:26 AM

It's all in your mind, in my opinion.

I had a horrible internet addiction. I'd come home from school and hop straight onto the computer where I'd spend the rest of the evening.. into the wee hours of the morning. My grades were slipping because I would neglect my homework to spend some time on MSN and BEBO and simply playing games. Sometimes, I'd spend my time simply staring at my contacts list on MSN, not talking to anyone. I didn't think I'd ever stop feeling the need to be on the internet at all times.. It sounds really petty but it was affecting the way I did things - it got to a point where I would threaten to kill myself if my parents took the modem away (and I probably would have -.-)

I forbade myself from using the internet for two weeks. Slowly.. I increased the time period for which I would not use it. Today, I'm back to using the internet.. but only if and when I need to / or am bored. I don't feel the need to use it anymore.

Make a pact with yourself. Tell yourself that you are not to cut for a few months. When you get there, keep pushing the time period out. After all, the slightest slip-up will drag you back to the beginning. It's all in your mind. If you tell yourself to do something, with the time and effort, you will be able to. Distract yourself from any thoughts of cutting. When you feel a really strong need to, tell someone you trust. They will help you keep your mind off it.

It's not something that you can let yourself do in "moderation". I would never encourage that you cut yourself. Just, stay strong and get help if you need it.

I'm always here if you need to talk.

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥
Closed Thread