TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Points: 18,266, Level: 19 Points: 18,266, Level: 19 Points: 18,266, Level: 19

addiction?? - June 21st 2010, 01:35 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i try so hard not to cut but the urges are just soo strong. especially in the last couple of weeks, alot of crap has been going on and the only way i can deal with it is by cutting. lastnight i was really pissed off and emotional and just in a total state and i knew that the only way i would feel better was by cutting, i tried not to, i avoided going to my bedroom coz i knew that if i went there i wud definately cut so i went out into the street, played hide n seek wiv me little brother, listened to music, i came bak in at half 8, i even washed ma hair to kill time but sill that horrible feeling was there. it was like a voice in my head saying 'cut, cut cut' and in the end i knew i wud have to do it. i went to my room about half 11 and then i just cut myself with a blade. i cu once and watched the blood come out, i cut again and watched the blood come out and then i cut again and again and again. i got the satisfaction i needed once i saw the blood and then i felt better... i reallly really want to stop doing it but i can't. i hate scars that stay for months after, i wish they could just disappear..

there's something else i tend to do when im cutting, i do certain number of cuts. is dis normal?? i tend to do 8 cuts most of the time, or groups of four.. does anybody else do this or is it just me??
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
solost10 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Points: 11,070, Level: 15 Points: 11,070, Level: 15 Points: 11,070, Level: 15

Re: addiction?? - June 21st 2010, 04:22 PM

Yea I usually cut in groups or something of that sorts. Keep trying to fight it though eventually you distracting yourself will work.

The lines I wear around my wrist are there to prove that I exist

Love is love no matter who your in love with.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
thewickedcity Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachel

Points: 8,977, Level: 13 Points: 8,977, Level: 13 Points: 8,977, Level: 13

Re: addiction?? - June 21st 2010, 07:57 PM

It's great that you were able to distract yourself from it for so long.. you're a strong person. I know you gave in at the end, but don't feel bad about it.. it happens to all of us. You should feel good about the fact that you fought the urge for so long.. it's a win all in itself. Keep trying to distract yourself, keep fighting the urge.. it gets easier after awhile. Good luck :]
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22

Re: addiction?? - June 21st 2010, 09:42 PM

When I cut, I don't think about the numbers or anything, but I visually assess whether the cuts are even or not. Although, it usually is an even number, but I don't obsess over it, due to the fact I don't exactly plan out my cutting.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Morgan. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Morgan

Points: 9,633, Level: 14 Points: 9,633, Level: 14 Points: 9,633, Level: 14

Re: addiction?? - June 21st 2010, 10:06 PM

Thats good that your trying to distract yourself. And for the scars. I have this body butter stuff from bath and body works and it has helped to reduce my scaring. So try that and maybe it will help get rid of some of your scars to. I useto do it where evern. like not nesescarly in groups or anything.

The Stars Are Allways There But We Miss Them In The Darkened Clouds. We Miss Them In The Storms. Tell Them To Remember Hope. We Have Hope.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: addiction?? - June 23rd 2010, 10:42 AM

hi everybody, thanks so much for all your comments.. i still feel so crap, after i cut sum of dat anger inside me escaped but there is still alot there, i haven't got the urge to cut yet but i know it will come, even sooner if sumone pisses me off or something bad happens, but i don't want to cut anymore, i don't know how to stop..
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: addiction?? - June 23rd 2010, 02:47 PM

Hey Saba, good job distracting yourself for so long! That shows great strength.

It's wonderful that you don't want to cut anymore! But you're right, it definitely is hard to overcome self-harm on your own. Is there someone in your life whom you could talk to at all?

Take care!
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: addiction?? - June 28th 2010, 02:09 PM

i don't really feel comfortable talking about it to any one, there's very few people who know i cut, due to the fact i can't trust people.. i talk to my councellor but its still hard not to do it
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Im here to help Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,564, Level: 13 Points: 8,564, Level: 13 Points: 8,564, Level: 13

Re: addiction?? - June 29th 2010, 01:38 AM

distractions are great when having a problem with cutting. it wasnt SEEING the blood come out that gave you satisfaction it is a hormone thats released in your brain. The best thing to do is find another (non self harming) thing you can do to help you. Acting, hobbies, sports, are just a few.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Points: 10,171, Level: 14 Points: 10,171, Level: 14 Points: 10,171, Level: 14

Re: addiction?? - June 29th 2010, 03:39 PM

well done, at least you tried to fight it. It's hard to talk about it with people around you, but they may re willing to help you so you can call them or stay with them when you feel like cutting.
Also, when you want to do that, do a possitive thing instead, what you like the most, after that you'll realize you did right, and that feeling will last longer than the feeling which comes out from cutting.
All the best xx

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
Closed Thread