TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
justlikeme0 Offline
Average Joe

one problem solved but another one created - January 3rd 2011, 06:03 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i used to cut a lot mostly because i feel like i need to be punished. and then i went a few days without food and i realized that starvation felt like a good form of punishment. so now im pretty much starving myself instead of cutting. i havnt cut in months so there are no scars and i like that. and on top of everything i am starting to lose weight which makes me happy. but i know this is bad for me and i think im on the verge of an ED. one problem solved but another one created.....

(>^-^)> HUG <(^-^<)

whether the weather is cold
or whether the weather is hot
we'll whether the weather
whatever the weather
whether we like it or not.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: one problem solved but another one created - January 3rd 2011, 04:04 PM

I was in a similar situation and mine did turn into an eating disorder. My adivce is stop while you still can. Neither cutting or starving is a healthy way to cope. Do you have someone you can talk to about this? A school counselor, a therapist, a teacher? You need to tell someone so you can get some help. If you ever want to talk feel free to PM me.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#3 (permalink)) Old
My_Hero Offline
Lil' Rocker Chick 8)
Not a n00b

Re: one problem solved but another one created - January 4th 2011, 03:07 AM

I'm pretty much in the same exact boat right now =/
When I stop to think about it, ED is merely another form of SH. Like you said, it's only another problem created..
I guess it's good that you realize it's a problem though; maybe it's not too late to quit before starvation becomes another addiction for you. Maybe talk to a counselor or therapist. (And feel free to PM me anytime; strength in numbers, eh?)

We all need somebody to lean on <3
~I will survive, I will endure.
When the going's rough, you can be sure;
I'll tough it out, I won't give in. When I'm knocked down I'll get up again.
As long as my dream's alive, I Will Survive~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Re: one problem solved but another one created - January 4th 2011, 05:58 AM

I relate to this soo well.. I think also because starving is less visable in some ways [like you said, no more scars] that I struggled to see it as being just as bad as cutting. But it is, and will in the long term create even more devastation. Talking to someone professional should help.. there will be things driving these coping strategies that you need to have help to resolve.
Good Luck sweetpea. ♥

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєт υѕ 3rd мαян 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: one problem solved but another one created - January 4th 2011, 02:11 PM

It's not unusual to switch between forms of self-harm when you're trying to recover. I've done this, I know a lot of people who have--it's totally okay and completely normal. It's great that you realize it early on, because now you can make the extra effort to make sure you're eating right, before this becomes a major problem.

You're right, this IS bad for you.. your body needs food, and again this will become a problem unless you catch it early on. Try using some SH alternatives when you feel like hurting yourself, or starving yourself. Distract yourself from the urges until they pass--I know that's easier said than done, but it does get much easier with practice. And above all, make sure you're eating. Talk to a friend, a family member, a teacher.. anyone you feel comfortable going to for support. If you have a close friend who you see often, it might be worth asking them to keep an eye on your eating. You may not notice that you're restricting, and having someone to watch out for you and remind you that you need to eat could be helpful.

Best of luck and take care.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

Closed Thread