TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Clear liquid??? - January 9th 2011, 03:57 PM

I cut and it bled a lot but it stopped and I put some hydrogen peroxide on it and when I took off the medical tape it was covered in clear liquid...what is that?

Just Keep Breathing

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Re: Clear liquid??? - January 9th 2011, 05:39 PM

Most likely serum/plasma. Don't worry, that's fairly normal, even though not all that common, mostly because people don't look for it or know that it's there. I've had that with some of my cuts too.

"Want to know a secret?

You are beautiful.

Black, white, gay, straight, bisexual. Whether you are smart or quiet or impossibly in love with your best friend, someone out there cherishes your smile and gets butterflies when you walk into a room.

Someone out there can't stop thinking about you. You Are Beautiful. Don't ever believe differently."

If you ever want someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, feel free to inbox me!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Irinya 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Commiseration Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Clear liquid??? - January 9th 2011, 05:45 PM

It could be that the peroxide hadn't dried and soaked into the bandage.

Also, your body contains a fluid called "lymph." It's a clear or yellowish liquid that circulates to pick up bacteria and other unwanted things as well as delivering oxygen and nutrients to cells. It's made up of white blood cells and is part of your immune system. So sometimes when you get a cut or wound some lymph will leak out and that's probably what you're seeing. It's perfectly natural and is one of your body's way of fighting infection and healing.

Please, keep everything clean to prevent infection and whenever you feel ready to let go of self-harm, we'll be here to support you. Stay safe.

-Commiseration

-Let the Music Play-
"There's no way to explain why life is filled with so much pain. But do the flowers ever grow in the places it don't rain?"

"But the unfortunate truth is that, while being different from everyone else can be exciting at first, ultimately it can get a little lonely."

"The floor seemed wonderfully solid. It was comforting to know I had fallen and could fall no further."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: Clear liquid??? - January 9th 2011, 06:11 PM

Thankyou guys so so so much! I was really scared. It's so sweet of y'all to explain that to me <3

Just Keep Breathing

Closed Thread