TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Won't work - January 11th 2011, 08:29 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i wanna hurt myself so bad.ive cut and cut but its not working. its not making me feel better. i feel so fustrated and angry and upset. i cnt cope with my emotions. i keep crying i just wanna die. i hate everybody and everything. just leave me alone

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nicole26 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Re: Won't work - January 11th 2011, 08:40 PM

Why have we to leave you alone?? I know things get thought but if u feel like talking I will anytime

Sometimes...
you just need to...
Runaway...
To see who will follow you.

It's not easy to reply to "are you okay?" when you can't remember what okay feels like...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Won't work - January 11th 2011, 09:02 PM

no i want everyone else to leave me alone. here in this house they call a 'home'. i just wanna be on my own.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: Won't work - January 16th 2011, 10:36 AM

You need to calm down and try alternatives, cutting won't help anythings. What alternatives have you tried?

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Won't work - January 16th 2011, 08:22 PM

ive tried lots of things.. nothing else gave me the satisfaction i needed until i punched the wall a good couple of times.. i don't know when im gonna stop hurting myself. at this rate never..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: Won't work - January 16th 2011, 09:03 PM

Saba, honey, hold on. This won't last. Try to solve the problem not numb it. Also your one post on this thread about a "house they call a home" was very poetic. Do you write? If not you should try

Just Keep Breathing

(#7 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Won't work - January 17th 2011, 12:24 AM

I agree with blair. Writing is a very good postive outlet. Also try these other alternatives while you're at it (:
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#8 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: Won't work - January 17th 2011, 12:29 AM

Sepi huggss you can do this you can not cut. If you have depression its making you think these negatives thoughts its not you. If you dont allready have a therapist I think getting one would be good idea and getting treatment for depression if you have it. heres some things to do instead of cutting and to fight the urge.

As soon as you feel the urge to harm yourself, take a deep breath, fold your arms, close your eyes and relax. Tell yourself that you are not going to self harm. Get away from any objects you may use to harm yourself so it's not as easy to break your resolution. If possible, lie down somewhere. Stay like this until the urge goes, then quickly phone a help line or use another means of getting help.

Screaming at the top of your lungs helps. Try virtually anything you can (as long as it's legal and healthy) to stop the urge to self harm. Screaming into a pillow or finding a quiet place to let rip really helps.
Speak out loud about what is causing you so much pain. Talk about it - even to yourself, in the privacy of your bedroom: even yelling to yourself to release the tension inside of you - but do not hurt yourself at all. Talking out loud in clear, understandable words will make your situation clearer and more easy to resolve.
Recognize that self harming is just the symptom of a root problem. Think about what makes you want to hurt yourself. Now you are ready to seek and get help. Doctors and trained staff from all kinds of services have been taught especially to help people in your situation. No matter what your issue, age, gender, or background, never feel ashamed to seek help
Draw all over yourself. If you have a really intense urge, take a sharpie and just write everywhere where you would normally cut. Don't think about what you want to say, just write anything that pops into your head until the urge subsides.
Write the name of a loved one where you usually cut. Let it remind you of who cares for you and who are hurting when you cut.
When you are about to cut, pretend you are someone you love dearly. You wouldn't want to cut them, would you?
The butterfly project. When you have the urge to cut draw a butterfly where you want to cut. Now you don't want the butterfly to die so it has to wear off into the wild to be free. In this time you have to hold the urge to cut and if you do cut, wash the butterfly away because it didn't make it to be free in the wild.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
Closed Thread