TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
missmolly Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Teigan

Unhappy so sick of everything - March 4th 2011, 08:29 AM

i cant stop self harming, i stopped doing it for awhile but i have started again since my nana died which was only a few weeks ago. And i miss my mum who died when i was younger, sometimes i just wish i could end it all, im so close to cutting again right now, im so sick of life and everything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jaden89 Offline
Taste The Rainbow...
Average Joe

Name: Malissa

Re: so sick of everything - March 4th 2011, 09:24 AM

MissMolly,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and your grandmother. IT's definitely hard to lose a loved one. It may sound silly now but things will get better and the pain will fade. The best thing to do is remember the good memories you have and hold them close to your heart.

Make sure to take the time to talk to someone about your feelings as well so that you can work to get a good support system. You don't want to bottle up your emotions and keep things to yourself when going through something like this and ending things isn't going to help your situation either. You are a beautiful person with a lot of life ahead of them so take the time to get the support you need.

Also, I would like to say it's great that you were SH free for a while. It's hard to quite SH and even a small amount of time without doing it is wonderful!

Feel free to pm me if you need to talk!

- Malissa

Live Help Operator/Help Link Operator - Please feel free to pm me if you need anything.

Moderator for the Pregnancy and Childcare forum.

"Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jaden89  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: so sick of everything - March 4th 2011, 09:06 PM

Hey,
I'm sorry to hear about your mother and grandmother, it must be really hard for you at the moment. Losing someone close to you is always really hard. As Malissa said, the pain will fade; i know it doesn't seem like it at the moment but with time it will, And rather than pain you will have the memories and the good times.
Maybe you sculd talk to someone you trust, such as a family member, a teacher, or school counsellor? They could help and support you through this, they would understand what you are going through.
I know that SH can seem like a relief and a way of dealing with things at the moment, but it is not good for you. You may become addicted and it will be really hard to stop, plus it leaves scars which will be there forever. You should try some alternatives, such as reading, writing, crushing ice in your hand - things that will distract you and eventually the urges will fade.
If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me,
Stay strong and take care,
Charli :-)

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: so sick of everything - March 5th 2011, 01:08 AM

Hi there.

Do you want to talk more about what's bothering you? It sounds like there are a lot of things going on in your life, and a lot of feelings are following those. Talking about it - whether to us, or someone in real life - can be helpful.

You say you stopped self harming for a while - that's great! During that time, did you ever feel any urges to do it? If so, how did you overcome them? If not, why do you think that was? What was different about this time, compared to the times you were self harming?

Losing someone you love is never easy. Have you talked to someone about the loss of your nana? Grief affects people in different ways, but in time the pain will lessen. That doesn't mean you'll forget her, but that you'll make a place for her in your heart, and be able to move on with your life.

Charli, above me, mentioned alternatives, which are a great idea. For a bigger list, have a look here. If you try one and it doesn't work, try another. Not every one will work for every person, or even for every urge, but the trick is to find one that will.

Just know that you don't deserve to feel this way, and with time and maybe a little help, you can get through this.

Take care.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread