TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Do you ever feel like you are just running in circles? - March 28th 2011, 05:03 PM

Do you ever feel like you are just running in circles? You can't tell which way is up or down.
I feel like i can't control myself or my life, SH seems like the only option, the only thing i can control.
My family and friends just shrug it off, they're just watching me fall apart; they don't care. My friends say i'm strong and unbreakable, well i'm really sorry to dissapoint but the unbreakable has broken.

I don't really know myself what the point to this is, and i feel bad for posting on here.
So yeah, i suppose i just want some opinions or advice. Thanks

Charli <3

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

Last edited by Palmolive; March 28th 2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Do you ever feel like you are just running in circles? - March 28th 2011, 06:03 PM

Charli,

Like I've always told you, I'm here for you. I know it's hard at the moment, and life can be a stuggle at the best of times, but things will get better. I would recommend you seeking help for the SH, as it's damaging your body and it doesn't help, you yourself know this well.

You can always, and I mean ALWAYS talk to me. Never applogise for your feelings, and never feel bad for reaching out to us here. A lot of us are here to help people like you, and we stay here because we enjoy helping. Chin up beautiful, we love you. <3

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: Do you ever feel like you are just running in circles? - March 29th 2011, 12:40 AM

No one is unbreakeable. We all have this vulnerable part of us. Ya know...the part that shatters when the world around us is harsh with it? Everyone is like that. You're human. You have a heart. That mean you feel eveything. Good and bad. But you always have other ways to deal with pain. You know I'm around for you whenever you need me to be. And you've got music! And running and a whole world of distrctions. I love you Charli and I wish you loved yourself

Just Keep Breathing

(#4 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chrissy

Re: Do you ever feel like you are just running in circles? - March 29th 2011, 03:58 AM

Hey there. I'm here for you. and SH should not be the only way out. It does not help anything. I was a cutter for 8 years...an the only thing it did was make me feel worse and leave scars on my body that will never go away. In 10 years from now you will do what i did and look back and say, " I should of went about this a different way." I know our feelings get in the way and make us feel like everything is a life but it's not. things just take time. it will eventually get better but its not others around you that are going to help. It's you. It's you that have to make the right options for yourself. Doing things you enjoy. Things that make you smile. It's gonna take a long time, and it's gonna be tough but when the time comes it will lift a lot of stress an make you feel better. I'm here to talk for you if you wanna talk.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Do you ever feel like you are just running in circles? - March 29th 2011, 04:38 AM

To answer your question, yes, I often feel that way. Don't feel bad for asking for advice, that's what we're here for. Everyone is breakable, you just have to do your best to try and put the peices back together.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Do you ever feel like you are just running in circles? - March 29th 2011, 07:46 AM

Hey Charli.

To answer your question, yes, I do feel like that sometimes.

I know what it's like to feel that self harm is the only thing you can control, but that's not true. There are so many other things you have control over. How you wear your hair, what you eat for breakfast, whether you wear a skirt or pants, if you go for a walk or stay at home. They're only little things, but they matter. But you know what else you can control? Whether or not you self harm. You can make the active decision not to, and that way you're still taking control, but you're not hurting yourself.

I highly doubt your friends and family don't care. Have you tried talking to them about it? Maybe they're just struggling to understand, or they don't know you need their support, or they don't know how to help. Open and honest communication could be the best thing for this situation. Even strong people have off days, or times when they need help, and there's no shame in that. You can be strong and still need help; no one's unbreakable. It's okay not to be okay, and even better to ask for help when you need it.

Don't feel bad for posting here. I know that in some ways being a staff member makes it harder to ask for help. You feel like you need to give all the advice, not ask for it, and you feel guilty for ever needing help. I get it, I do. Just remember that above all, you're a person, and you deserve support and advice as much as any other person. That's what we're here for. To help each other. It goes both ways.

I really hope things get better for you soon.

Take care.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Do you ever feel like you are just running in circles? - April 1st 2011, 12:10 AM

When we feel like things are so out of control, it can be easy to turn to one of the only things we can turn to: control of our bodies, over what happens to them. It can give us a sense of power in a world that sometimes continually strips that power away. What you are feeling is understandable.

Sometimes self harm can be a way of letting others know we are hurting, especially when it seems no one is listening. If you can't talk to your family, talk to your friends. Let them know that you are not okay. It doesn't mean you are broken or weak, but it means you need help and support. Even the strongest need support sometimes.

No matter what, if things feel out of control, know you are always in control of who you are and what you do. You can always make the choice as to what you will and won't do. And that is a lot of power.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
Closed Thread