TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Name: Rose
Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Got caught by my best guy friend. - April 15th 2011, 05:24 AM

The other day I was hanging out with my friend and his girlfriend and without even thinking about it I took my coat off. I had cut the night before. His gf knows I cut. He didn't. He saw and I got yelled at by him. Came to school the next day and he checked. I'm so scared that even though I promised him I wouldn't cut anymore I'm gonna fail one day and that'll be the day he decides to check again. What should I do when he asks to see??? I'm the most scared that he won't talk to me anymore which won't help because he's the only person who is really still friends with me.

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becky

Re: Got caught by my best guy friend. - April 15th 2011, 01:20 PM

Be honest with him, if he's a good friend he will support you...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: Got caught by my best guy friend. - April 15th 2011, 03:34 PM

Hey Ruby,

I'm sorry things are rough for you at the moment.
It sounds like your friend really cares about you, and it is great that you have a friend like him. Truthfully, i think you should be honest with him, use him knowing and caring as an incentive to stop SH; if he is a good friend he will help and support you, he won't stop talking to you. I understand that it is difficult and that you are scared but maybe you could talk to him about this and ask for help.

I know this wasn't directly what you asked about so i am going to make it short: maybe you could speak to an adult you trust about your SH? That way you could get the help and support you need towards stopping. Also maybe have a look at some of these alternatives http://www.teenhelp.org/alternatives. If you ever get urges: they help distract you until the urges fade.
You can do this, i believe in you.

Feel free to PM me if you ever want/need to talk, i am more then happy to listen.

Take care and stay strong
Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Re: Got caught by my best guy friend. - April 15th 2011, 07:02 PM

Thanks for the help. He called me earlier today and asked what he could do to help so I told him the truth and me and him came up with an agreement. Every week I go without SH he has a special treat for me that weekend. I never know what its gonna be though. I'm definitely going to start using the alternatives on the website though!!! He said that he would never ever turn his back on me when I needed help. Thanks again! Its gonna be hard but I'm gonna stop if only for him!

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Re: Got caught by my best guy friend. - April 15th 2011, 08:31 PM

The same thing happened to me. Sadly he doesn't speak to me anymore but those were because of my mistakes. I don't want you to make mistakes with you're best guy friend because it still hurts even now.
Talk it out with him, i promised Kurtis but it was just too hard and he ended up calling an ambulance for me.

There are two options really. Stop cutting or find somewhere else to cut.
Both decisions are hard tbh, but after a promise theres nothing else you can really do and i'm really sorry about that
Best of luck x

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Re: Got caught by my best guy friend. - April 15th 2011, 10:11 PM

We are getting it figured out. He told me that when he found out I SH'ed he said he felt like his sister had just told him she SH'ed daily. It made me cry when he found out. He 's being really helpful and understanding to me. I'm trying hard to keep my promise to him though.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
EmisaurusRex Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Em

Re: Got caught by my best guy friend. - April 15th 2011, 10:55 PM

Hey there, I think it is great that he is being so supportive of you. That's wonderful, and I hope you'll let his support help you and lift you up when you're feeling down.
I also hope that you'll keep that promise not only for him, but most importantly, for yourself. Because you don't need self-harm, you don't deserve it, and you are worth fighting for. Fighting for yourself can be really difficult at times, but it really is an important part of recovery. You don't have to get that all figured out right this instant...just, wanted you to know that you're worth fighting for.
Take care of yourself, and if you ever need anything, feel free to PM me or something!

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
PM me anytime <3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Re: Got caught by my best guy friend. - April 15th 2011, 11:15 PM

Thanks Emily! it's hard but I'm fighting for myself. I've went 6 days without self-harm. I'm gonna let him help me and I'm gonna keep my promise to him!

Closed Thread