TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*MusicIsMyLife* Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Rebecca

Unhappy I want to Self Harm..... - April 25th 2011, 09:04 PM

I want to self harm. I am going throught alot right now and I just think that self harming will help solve everything. I am really scared because I have been threatened by some girls. They say that if I tell anyone what they are doing to me then they are going to hurt me. They keep pushing me around, like they push me into walls, down the stairs and they punch me. They think that it's funny. I am soo scared to talk about it. I hope they don't hurt me. I have to deal with this everyday at school. It is getting out of control. They are also bullying me by calling me really hurtful names. They say that I can't be friends with other people because they won't let people be friends with me. They don't care that they are hurting me. I am feeling really emotional and I don't know what to do. So I think that cutting would make the pain go away and then they can get what they want. They want me gone. My parents are also ignoring me they say that they don't love me. I am feeling sad, stressed, lonely, frustrated, confused, unloved and worthless. I think that everything is all my fault and that if I cut then it will be all better. Why do these girls have to do this to me. I feel like crying and I really really really want to cut. These girls are really mean and strong and I can't stop them from hurting me. All I want is for someone to care about me and to listen to me and to actually believe in me.

“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”
― Taylor Swift

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I want to Self Harm..... - April 26th 2011, 01:21 AM

Hey Rebecca,
First off, I really think that you should tell a teacher or someone. School is somewhere where I personally think you should feel safe. I understand where you would be scared about their threats, but if you tell a teacher, principal, school counselor, etc.I'm sure that they could have something worked out where they could keep an eye on these girls.
Next, I know how you're feeling about cutting right now. Personally, I have a lot of stress right now and I'm tempted to cut. Do you have a special hobby, a younger/older sibling, a pet, or even a certain TV show you watch where you just can't wait for the next episode in a week? Just thinking of happy things in your life can help, even if they're as small as that one TV show. =)
If you ever need to talk just PM me. =)

Last edited by Pianissimo; April 26th 2011 at 01:40 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to Pianissimo Send a message via MSN to Pianissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Pianissimo 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: I want to Self Harm..... - April 26th 2011, 01:21 AM

Self harm doesn't fix anything, it just makes it a lot worse. You need to tell a teacher or the principal about these girls. What they're doing to you is wrong. But cutting yourself isn't going to help anything.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
abreacti0n Offline
Scars are Silent Screams
Average Joe

Name: Maria

Re: I want to Self Harm..... - April 26th 2011, 08:56 AM

Heyy Rebecca,

Cutting is a very unhealthy way to cope with stuff, there many more better and healthier ways like expressing feelings through drawing, music, writing, poems and any other thing which you like doing but please don't go down that road, once you decide to go there you can't get back. Also cutting just gives you relief for a few minutes but makes it worse after, you start to regret it and you feel ashamed of it.

I am 101 % sure that if you talk about these bullies with a teacher or a school councillor or even the principle things will get better, all you need is some courage ... I'm sure you can do it, I trust you !

Stay Strong xxx

~ I am Lost Between Fighting and Giving Up ~

The light is always found at the end of a tunnel

Tumblr

PM / VM

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Re: I want to Self Harm..... - April 28th 2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingStar13 View Post
I want to self harm. I am going throught alot right now and I just think that self harming will help solve everything. I am really scared because I have been threatened by some girls. They say that if I tell anyone what they are doing to me then they are going to hurt me. They keep pushing me around, like they push me into walls, down the stairs and they punch me. They think that it's funny. I am soo scared to talk about it. I hope they don't hurt me. I have to deal with this everyday at school. It is getting out of control. They are also bullying me by calling me really hurtful names. They say that I can't be friends with other people because they won't let people be friends with me. They don't care that they are hurting me. I am feeling really emotional and I don't know what to do. So I think that cutting would make the pain go away and then they can get what they want. They want me gone. My parents are also ignoring me they say that they don't love me. I am feeling sad, stressed, lonely, frustrated, confused, unloved and worthless. I think that everything is all my fault and that if I cut then it will be all better. Why do these girls have to do this to me. I feel like crying and I really really really want to cut. These girls are really mean and strong and I can't stop them from hurting me. All I want is for someone to care about me and to listen to me and to actually believe in me.
oh hun

it breaks my heart to hear you talk like this...but like the others have said...cutting doesnt slove anything..take it from someone who knows..

you shouldnt listen to what those girls tell you...they are just ignorant...but i do think you need to talk to the principal abiut this..because it shouldnt be tolerated on ANY level...

and one more thing Rebecca..i do care about you..i do believe in you..and i will listen to you

you are not alone..if you need a freind to talk to...you can PM me anytime

Drew
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
alyleaa69 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aly Leaa

Re: I want to Self Harm..... - April 28th 2011, 02:25 PM

Hun it hurts me to see you go through this. You are not worthless, you are loved by me in a way ik i dnt know u but i love everyone for being them, also i am here to listen they will never know who u talk to on the internet for help...and one thing you should always remember...you are never alone<3 but if u ever need anyone to talk to there are staff and ppl willing to help...i may only be 14 but i am willing to make a big change in this world...(: i love you and i hope things get better soon<3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
theFLAMEandtheFLOWER
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Deborah

Re: I want to Self Harm..... - May 4th 2011, 02:16 AM

TELL SOMEONE. NOW. YOU ARE NOT WORTHLESS. YOU ARE LOVED. YOU DESERVE TO FEEL SAFE AND YOU NEED TO BE STRONG AND STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IT ALONE EITHER. THE ADULTS AT YOUR SCHOOL ARE THERE TO KEEP YOU SAFE. TALK TO A COUNSELOR OR THE PRINCIPAL. TELL THEM YOU DONT FEEL SAFE. TELL THEM EVERYTHING. THESE GIRLS NEED TO BE STOPPED. THEIR NEED TO DOMINATE IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON FOR YOU TO HURT YOURSELF. YOU ARE WORTH MORE AND YOU SHOULDNT GIVE IN TO THEIR BULLYING. WE'RE HERE FOR YOU. I UNDERSTAND SELF HARM, ITS ADDICTIVE AND ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP ONCE YOU START. YOU DONT WANT TO GO DOWN THAT ROAD. TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THIS. JUST ASK, AND THEY WILL HELP YOU.

I KNOW ITS HARD TO BE STRONG. BUT BEING AFRAID TO TALK WONT HELP THE SITUATION GET ANY BETTER. YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

LIFE WILL GET BETTER, NOTHING LASTS FOREVER. <3

"...and the ships fill the skies, Peter Pan flies by, giants race on through the trees, chase away bad memories, faeries floating on the breezes, the wind it blows her hair it teases, never knows just where she'll go, she only hopes that he will take her home."

Closed Thread