TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

I want to cut - July 10th 2011, 04:13 AM

For some reason I sometimes get urges to cut.
The first time it was in the middle of the school year and I at least had something to keep my mind off of the urges.
Now I'm getting urges again. I think lately I've just been really upset with some of the things that have been happening at home and I don't even have school work to keep my mind off of things for a bit.
I've never cut before in my life, so I don't know why I want to now. I've scratched at the beginning of summer, but one day my mom saw the scars on my thigh and asked me about them (I usually wear Bermudas and dresses and I didn't even think of sleep shorts at the time so I went for my thigh because it wouldn't be noticeable), luckily she just asked what they were from and I was able to just say I didn't know (There were only two scars thank god.). I'm afraid that one day I might just give in to one of the urges so I really need help now, I mean I gave into urges to scratch before. I imagine that those urges to cut will also get too uncontrollable and I'll give in. Is there any way to stop these urges without cutting or scratching?
  Send a message via AIM to Pianissimo Send a message via MSN to Pianissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Pianissimo 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: I want to cut - July 10th 2011, 04:44 AM

Okay, from someone who is addicted to cutting: Dont start. Please, i beg you. I would do ANYTHING to not have given in to the first urges, because they are no where NEAR as strong as they are after you have done it.

I beg you, and i certainly PRAY that i am not too late, and that you believe me.

I am trying to stop still. The longest i stopped was 2 months, and that really is NOT a long time. Please dont give in, unless you are ready to be miserable for a long time. it sounds like it will relieve you, but it will help for 1 second LITERALLY and then you will feel WORSE. it is NOT worth it.

now, how to stop.

Distract yourself, or vent another way. Find a way to cope. Write a journal, dance to angry music, read a book.

You can do it. I have faith <3

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I want to cut - July 10th 2011, 05:38 AM

Thank you Sora, I'll try to start a journal. I think just letting everything out might help.
No worries, you're not too late. I haven't cut. I'm just nervous about this coming week. I have stuff to do on Monday and Tuesday but I really don't know what will happen on the other weekdays. Hopefully writing everything out will help with that.

I have faith that you can stop cutting. Like you said to me, stay strong. <3
  Send a message via AIM to Pianissimo Send a message via MSN to Pianissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Pianissimo 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: I want to cut - July 10th 2011, 06:55 AM

I am really trying i know i can stop too major willpower time!

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#5 (permalink)) Old
letgoslowly Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Di

Re: I want to cut - July 14th 2011, 04:02 AM

I completely agree with sora. you don't want to start this, I wish I never did. it becomes your whole life and is so hard to stop once you've started. it's strongly addictive, as a lot of teenhelpers are addicted to it. I am. I've been clean for six months but the urges are still there, and really strong at the moment. you don't want to get yourself into this. try writing or drawing to take your mind off of it. or look at the stickied alternatives on the top of this forum. I wish you well, pm me if you ever need someone to talk to or some to just listen. keep your chin up

I'm burning out like a bright light, I wasn't ready for this. You're adorable as hell, but I'm glancing at your wrist.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fill my heart with love.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ash

Re: I want to cut - July 14th 2011, 11:04 PM

Just to echo. Pleas dont start. Once you start your hooked immeadiatly. The urges may be powerful now but you cant compare that to the strength it takes to will yourself to stop. Its not worth it. If I could turn back time and resist I would. But the thought thats running though my head as I type that is no you wouldn't, you cant, you aren't strong enough, you like it You dont want those thoughts in your head. Please please turn to something else. Something that isnt harmful to you or others. I am begging you.
You said you want to break free, listen to I Want to Break Free by Queen. I hope it helps.
Good luck and please stay strong my dear. <3

"When you've forgiven but you cant forget feels like your drowning but still got breath"

i love you.

YOU are beautiful no matter what and dont YOU forget it!!! <3

PM me if you need to talk!(:

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Re: I want to cut - July 15th 2011, 06:19 PM

Please don't cut! I know that sometimes urges are really hard but cutting is horrible! It's too addictive and can be dangerous. I thought I would direct you to these alternatives because I have found some of them very useful. You have to find one that works for you but I'm sure there's something! I know you're strong, these urges will go, please just fight them because you are worth so much more than self harm. I love you! <3 Xxx

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I want to cut - July 18th 2011, 12:13 AM

Thanks everyone, I'm trying my best, but it is a bit difficult still. Writing helps sometimes for me. Hopefully I can keep that up and the urges will go away. I'll have to check out the alternatives too.
Closed Thread