TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iwannafeelweightless
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: iwannafeelweightless

Points: 7,758, Level: 12 Points: 7,758, Level: 12 Points: 7,758, Level: 12

It's become an addiction. - August 31st 2011, 12:45 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've been cutting for over a year now. I really want to stop. But I can't. It's gotten worse. I used to cut with a knife, until yesterday. We were doing an experiment, and we used razors, so I stole a razor. I took it home, and cut with a razor for the first time. I cut again today. I feel terrible every time I do, but I've become addicted. It's just the feeling of picking up the razor and putting it to my skin. It's seeing the blood. It's the rush I get. I'm addicted to it.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Wear the red shirt!
Not a n00b

Name: Carly

Points: 9,089, Level: 13 Points: 9,089, Level: 13 Points: 9,089, Level: 13

Re: It's become an addiction. - August 31st 2011, 12:52 PM

I can't tell you it is easy to quit, because it isn't it is hard. Whenever you want to cut you should hide whatever you want to cut away, and prevent yourself from doing it. There is a list of things on one of the top forums here that tells you want to do when you want to cut. I would suggest you look at that.

Remember: You don't want to die, you just want to be saved.
Pm me if you ever need help.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: It's become an addiction. - August 31st 2011, 07:18 PM

Hi,

I know how hard it can be to stop once it's become an addiction. I think you should look at the alternatives thread for ideas on how to quit cutting. It's not going to be easy and it might take a while and you will probably slip up along the way but eventually, you will be able to quit cutting. The link to the alternatives thread is: www.teenhelp.org/alternatives
That list is just a long list of recommendations, you can use those alternatives but if you think of some of your own, try them out. Not everything will work at first but don't give up, it might take time finding out what alternatives help you with quitting.
If you ever need anything, you can PM me and I'll be glad to help.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: It's become an addiction. - August 31st 2011, 08:49 PM

Hey there I know how you feel. I am battling an addiction to cutting and it is terrible. As others have said, take a look at the alternatives thread. Some work, some don't. Find some that work for you. There will be relapses, urges, and difficulties coping with the reason why you cut - without cutting. It's a long and hard road to recovery but it IS possible. If you need anything, feel free to PM me. I'm here all the time (except when I'm sleeping )
Closed Thread