TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Relapsing badly - September 28th 2011, 03:24 AM

I know I've always told everyone that September I stopped last year and I did but this year since around April I just, I've been having these slip-ups, and they just got more and more frequent but I still just called them slip ups and well I can't really call them slip-ups anymore, it really is a relapse... I've been through all of the alternatives and none feel as good as pain. It's getting back to the point I was at last year where I needed to be put in a facility (never was though) during that time my "slip-ups" were using my teeth and nails even. Well now it's getting bad again, really bad, you know like combs with metal tines for teasing and getting rid of hair rats, well yeah, I used that for SH instead, and I'm not kidding when I say I am finding ways with anything and everything, anything around me is something I can use to hurt myself. I have no clue what to do...

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount18

Edit avatar

Re: Relapsing badly - September 28th 2011, 10:55 AM

You need to find safer outlet for your SH, try drawing on yourself or wear a rubber band whenever you feel like cutting and snap it. Also, you should talk to someone about this, maybe a family member, a friend or the school guidance counselor?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Relapsing badly - September 28th 2011, 03:26 PM

You're right. There is a certain point where having so many slip ups makes the term slip up null and void.
Sometimes the physical alternatives have no effect after a while. What made you stop last time? Physical alternatives never worked for me much. What worked was feeling motivated. Honestly, the only way you'll get over it is if you believe in yourself. If you don't want it, it's going to be pretty damn hard to do it. Set a goal. Like.. two weeks. Try your hardest to reach it before slipping up. Reward yourself with something nonharmful, something you like but would not normally get/do. Then set your goal for a longer period of time. Even if you slip up at the end of the two weeks, set your goal higher. Go for 3 extra weeks. Then 4. Then 5. If you want it bad enough, you can do it. Sure, it might take a while longer than you want it do. And sure, you may still do it from time to time.. but until you trust yourself and allow yourself to get better, you won't.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

Closed Thread