TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThornedRose Offline
You're scrumdiddlyumptious!
Average Joe

Name: Sydney

hi... - November 29th 2011, 01:19 AM

Hi, Ive already introduced myself under the depression forum but I will do it again. I'm 17, a girl and I'm depressed and self harm. I hace had to take on a lot the past year, I have a form of ocd......I began having eating problems....I began to withdraw myself from my family. I had never self harmed until this year.....first cutting my legs, then top of my arms, now its my stomach. I don't feel addicted to it altgough I do it everyday at least, usually multiple times. I'm embarassed what I do to myself I just don't feel good enough for anything....I'm inadequate. That's about it. :/
  Send a message via Yahoo to ThornedRose  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
*~Skittlify~* Offline
You make me feel alive.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dezmaid

Re: hi... - November 29th 2011, 02:01 AM

Hi there,
Even though you don't feel addicted to self harm, it is best that you try to stop self harming now. Have you checked out any of the Alternatives on this list? A lot of them are very helpful. You have to find something that works for you that is safe, whether it is writing, doing art, or listening to music. It might also be a good idea to tell someone about this, whether it is a doctor, parent, or family member or close friend that cares about you and is willing to listen. It seems like a good idea to talk to a professional about this. Even if you are nervous about it at first, it would be a good idea in the long run. You do not need to battle this alone. It may seem like it is tough now, but with the proper help it WILL get better. Trust me, you are good enough, you ARE. You are loved and people care about you, everybody on TH cares about you. I care about you. Remember that you are not alone in this fight, we are all here looking out for you. Please stay strong.

The lights are out and I barely know you
We're going up and the place is slowing down
SKITTLIFY!
  Send a message via AIM to *~Skittlify~* Send a message via MSN to *~Skittlify~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~Skittlify~*  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ALittleLost Offline
Average Joe

Name: Maddie

Re: hi... - December 3rd 2011, 03:30 AM

Hi Sydney, I'm Maggie.
I agree with what Dez said. Try to quit now, before you're addicted.
PM me if you wanna talk!

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise"
-Les Miserables

"All these thoughts locked inside, now you're the the first to know"
-"It ends tonight" All-American Rejects

"You built up a world of magic, because you're real life is tragic"
-"Brick by Boring Brick" Paramore

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Live Help Operator

I've been here a while

Name: Christina

Re: hi... - December 4th 2011, 03:44 AM

Hi Sydney,

Welcome to TeenHelp!
I know it might seem like you aren't addicted to SH, but you can get to that point and rather quickly.
I agree with Dez and Maggie, take a look at the alternatives to self harm thread and try them out.
They are really helpful.
Don't get annoyed if some of them do not help you, because somethings may help you and others may not,you just have to try the alternatives out and find out what works for you and what does not.
Also, talking about your SH is a great idea, you can talk to a parent, teacher, anyone you trust.
Also, if you do not feel like talking to someone, you could write them a letter and give it to them or leave it for the person somewhere to read, that helps because you do not have to be there when it is read and the person will have time to think about it and process the fact that you SH and they will be able to think through how they will react to knowing this and then they will be able to help you get the help you need.
I hope I've helped and if you ever need anything, you can PM me and I will be glad to help.

Closed Thread