TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
allow_me Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Max

Screwing up is annoying. - January 22nd 2012, 10:58 PM

Note: I'm not sure if this is where this belongs so sorry if it doesn't belong here.

I cut again. I had a four month streak going. I'm not sure if the reason is really valid or not but here it is anyway. A friend of mine was upset and has been for quite a while. I live in a different state so it's not like I can just walk over to her house and give her a hug and make everything all better. Today she texted me and told me she's upset again and I know that nothing I say or do can help her and nothing our other friends say or do can either.

Being unable to make her happy - or even just okay - is really starting to wear on me. I hate that I can't do anything about it and I hate that I'm not there for her to talk with face to face and to cry with and to feel like she has someone there for her. I don't know what to do to make her better. Wow okay, anyway. So I felt like since she was hurting I should be too, I guess. It doesn't really make sense but yeah.

I'm not really upset that I cut and ruined it. Skin will heal. I guess I just needed to tell someone about it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Screwing up is annoying. - January 22nd 2012, 11:58 PM

Honestly in a way I can understand what you're saying. Not saying I agree that it was ok but I understand your thinking. Next time you feel like that try to distract yourself so you dont SH.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wildflower ♥ Offline
Soakin' up the way of life
I've been here a while

Name: A Team

Re: Screwing up is annoying. - January 23rd 2012, 01:59 AM

It's ok, we all relapse, it's part of the healing and recovering process. Just try and maybe VC with your friend, so at least you can "see" each other, that's what I did with my bestest friend, because before the last week in December, I hadn't seen her for 3 years. Try to use the resources you have to help her.

Send a message via AIM to Wildflower ♥ Send a message via MSN to Wildflower ♥ Send a message via Skype™ to Wildflower ♥ 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: Screwing up is annoying. - January 23rd 2012, 02:09 AM

Hey,
First i would like to say great job on going 4 months! That is a huge accomplishment to do!
Don't think that you ruined it, just think of it as a slip up. Slip ups happen. They've happened to me plently of times.You can make it past 4 months again.

I know you'll beat this. <3

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Counted Heart. Offline
Sweeter philosophy.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Screwing up is annoying. - January 23rd 2012, 02:24 AM

Hi Max.

I think this is the right place for this sort of question. (Also, since I haven't said this yet, welcome to TeenHelp.)

Four months, as the others have said, is a long time. You should be proud of yourself for going that long, and it should give you hope that you can go longer in the future. I know slip-ups are annoying, but I'm glad you've reached out to us here instead of trying to deal with it on your own. Anything that makes you feel like you want to hurt yourself is a valid reason; I'm sorry about your friend, and I know how annoying it can be when you can't actually physically be there for someone. But you can still be supportive, as best you can.

It makes sense that being unable to cheer her up would make you feel bad. But remember that hurting yourself will not make the situation better for either of you, so next time you feel like this, try to do something else, like a distraction. And if you ever need to talk, I and the rest of TeenHelp are here for you.

Take care, and good luck.

let no science fix our path
if only numbers make its math.
🎕

(#6 (permalink)) Old
allow_me Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Screwing up is annoying. - January 23rd 2012, 01:57 PM

Thank you all for your answers. It's nice knowing that other people are here to talk to when slip ups happen. (:

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Chaazza Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Call Me Chaazza

Re: Screwing up is annoying. - January 23rd 2012, 04:23 PM

Hi Max

I have had loads of slip ups and it is normal well done for getting to 4 months it is a long time. I hope you can talk to her because you will make her happier knowing that she can talk to you anytime she wants and it will not cost loads and also it may make you feel better.

Need to talk PM me

Chaazza

(#8 (permalink)) Old
allow_me Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Screwing up is annoying. - January 24th 2012, 02:24 AM

Thank you. (: I really hope I can help her.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
simon thompson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Simon Thompson

Re: Screwing up is annoying. - February 5th 2012, 05:39 PM

Take A Moment

Take a moment whenever you remember just to stop. Be still and silent. Sense the quietness of that moment and visualise yourself stepping into an ocean of calm. Submerge your whole being in the quiet waters. As the waves of that calm ebb and flow, begin to unburden yourself. Slip into that place of no thinking and become completely still. Now, in that stillness, become aware of your 'original' self. This is the real, true you. Let it appear quietly but brilliantly. After some moments, emerge from the still waters and try to retain an awareness of the true you as you go back to your everyday affairs.

Closed Thread