TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I Am No Hero Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Megan

Relapsed after 4 months... - February 5th 2012, 08:49 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

After four months of managing to avoid cutting, I relapsed today. I couldn't deal with life any longer without the help of the release cutting provides. I needed to cut, but at the same time I know I shouldn't have done it. It isn't even helping as much as it used to, either. And on top of all of that, I feel guilty for cutting, and weak for having given in.

This is the last night you spend alone
Look me in the eyes so I know you know
I'm everywhere you want me to be
The last night you'll spend alone
I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go
I'm everything you need me to be

~Skillet - The Last Night

When Michael died, Megan was born. And I won't go back for anything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
outofbreath Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Olivia

Re: Relapsed after 4 months... - February 5th 2012, 04:52 PM

Aww Honey, don't be so hard on yourself. If it makes you feel any better, yesterday I relapsed and cut myself after 2 weeks. Your really strong. I feel really bad for relapsing, but I realized that it's not gonna do any good beating myself up for it. What I and you need to realize is that yes, we slipped up. But that's all part of recovery. Just get back up and try to go longer without cutting this time. (: You could always PM me if you want. < 3

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Relapsed after 4 months... - February 10th 2012, 12:20 AM

Hey there. Recovery from self harm can be really hard for a lot of people. It's not 'unnormal' for a someone in recovery to have a relapse. It's not am easy thing to overcome and it takes a lot of hard work and determination. Don't view your relapse in a negative way. It's not about the relapse, it's about using the experience and turning it in to a positive thing to help you carry on beating self harm and picking yourself back up again. I know that's really hard to do, i know all me this is really hard to do but you can do it. You can get through this. Don't feel guilty about it. You haven't done anything wrong. If you need to talk to someone, them do so. You're not alone in this. Take care. Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Relapsed after 4 months... - February 10th 2012, 03:58 AM

Its okay to slip up babe, everyone does when they are recovering from something like SH. Nobody's perfect. Somedays it will be easy not to cut, others you may be feeling overwhelmed. The road is long and hard, yes. But that doesn't mean you can't do it. I believe in you and I know in time, you will fully recover from SH.

Closed Thread