TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kitkat kati Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kati

do the deed but want to stop - February 21st 2012, 12:18 AM

i want to stop hurting myself very very badly.... ive even promised myself that i would and that id do other things instead of hurting myself. but i keep doing it no matter how much i tell myself not to and no matter who is around me when i do. just so much has been happening and my depression keeps getting worse.... i dont know what to do....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: do the deed but want to stop - February 21st 2012, 02:45 AM

I'm really glad that you want to quit! That's one of the biggest steps is actually wanting to quit this habit and you do, so now you just have to strive to reach that at whatever cost!

Cutting is an addiction and you often times cannot overcome it easily by yourself, you need support and proper help. We and your friends can be here to support you and help you, to the best of our abilities but only a professional can help you overcome this problem fully. So I think that it would be best if you spoke with a therapist about what you are going through and they can help you work through and overcome this problem!

For now though, would it be possible for you to throw out whatever you use to hurt yourself with? And not be around it objects that trigger you? I realize that can be a hard step but it's definitely worth taking. Also, just try and distract yourself when you get triggered. Again, I know how hard that is but you can do it! Just do something you enjoy, for me, I often get triggered at night when I think to much, so I just put my iPod on and crawl into bed and my promise myself that I will stay there until the morning and not get down to get anything I hurt myself with. I don't know if something like that would work for you, but you could always!

Whatever you do, don't beat yourself up over this. Addictions like this are hard to quit and we all have slip ups occassionally. You'll get it eventually! Hang in there, if you want to talk, feel free to send me a PM!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

Closed Thread