TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Simon

Unhappy Dn't KNow What To Do ;( - March 1st 2012, 11:40 PM

I'm trying to stop SHing and I dnt think I need any help from anyone else but my friends that found out have been threatening to tell the school counseler. I would die if grandmal found out!! Please HELP!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Dn't KNow What To Do ;( - March 2nd 2012, 01:30 AM

Hi there,

Can i ask you why you don't want your grandma finding out about your selfharm? If you don't want too see the school councelor, that is ultimately your choice. No one can make you, but it might be a good thing for you. Just having someone there can help. Talking to someone can really help and make us feel less alone. It's good to have people there and to have support. You're never alone in this and it is okay to let people in if you need them.

I don't really know what's going on for you, what has made you feel this way that you want to help or even if there is anything causing you to feel this way but you're always welcome to talk to us if you need us.

Keep fighting this. Don't be on your own.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Dn't KNow What To Do ;( - March 2nd 2012, 01:55 AM

I feel like my grandmal would be disappointed in me and only 3 of my friends know and they don't want to talk about it with me. They have alienated me until I get help from someone else. My grandmother has taken care of me since birth because my mother can't, i feel like I have let her down. But I cry myself to sleep when i don't cut. This is like a roller coaster n I want off.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Dn't KNow What To Do ;( - March 2nd 2012, 02:17 AM

Hi there again,

I want to start by telling you that because so eone self harms, does definately not make them a disapointment. Just because you self harm, does not make you a disapointment. If anyone tninks that way towards someone because they self harm, i think that that shows more about them as a person than the self harmer.

I doubt very much that your grandma would think this way. I assume because she's brought you up that you're rather close to her. Admittedly, she might be sad about it and she might be upset but that's because she cares about you and doesn't want you to be hurting this way. When she decided to raise you up, she took on a parental role to you and it's okay for to know about your self harm and too support you.

It's hard to know someone you love and care about is hurting themselves. I'm sorry that your friends are acting this way. Maybe it's just their way if coping with it. Maybe you could try talking to them about it. Or just talk to one friend about it. Explain how you feel it us and how it's making yoh feel.

I hope this helps a little and i hope that you're okay.
Jessie

Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Dn't KNow What To Do ;( - March 2nd 2012, 02:46 AM

It helped. Thnx I appreciate it. I think your right. I'll tell her when I get ready. I know it wont be tomorrow, but soon. The sooner the better right. Wish me luck.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Dn't KNow What To Do ;( - March 2nd 2012, 11:58 AM

Hi there.

Yes, I think sooner the better because the sooner you tell the sooner you're going to get help and support which I think is going to be benficial for you.

I'm glad I helped a little. I hope that talking to her about it goes okay. If you want to talk to me before hand about how to go around it, what to say, how to say it etc, feel free to shoot me a PM.

I hope that everything goes well and things start to look up.

Keep your chin up,
Jessie

Closed Thread