TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
Senior TeenHelper

I really don't know what to try now. - March 3rd 2012, 08:18 PM

I cut myself five days ago. I have been trying running as an alternative since then. Basically, when I feel like cutting and can't get myself to calm down, I go for a run to clear my head and feel better. I feel like cutting again. I was getting ready to go for a run, and my mom told me I couldn't today. I really don't know what to do now. Any ideas?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Dylan

Re: I really don't know what to try now. - March 3rd 2012, 08:34 PM

Grab an ice cube. Squeeze hard. Really, really hard.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
pixietheangel Offline
i give advice xx
Not a n00b

Name: pixie

Re: I really don't know what to try now. - March 3rd 2012, 10:09 PM

Thankyou for coming to teenhelp! it is so great that you are trying to stop, it is going to be hard as i'm sure you know but your taking all the right steps and facing up to it is the hardest bit, i know i've been there and i slipped up a few days ago. But, the point is, is that you know it was a mistake and want to change it which is what counts. It's great that you have found something that works for you, make sure you arn't running away entirley from the feelings though - no pun intended but that worked out nicely - i mean that slowly, if you feel able to , try and work out why it is you self harm, what are your triggers? friends, familly, stress... etc that will be a long term solution . as for a way to deal with feelings short term when you can't run, have you heard of the snowflake project? http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...elief-project/ it's a great new idea, basicly when you feel like self harming, make snowflakes. it converts those thoughts into something beautioufl. then when you / if you relapse you scarp them all and start again. that way you have a definite reason not to self harm even if " the voices " tell you you deserve it, you wont want to scarp your work. you could also have a look at http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ for some different alternatives. good luck on your journey, your not alone. PM me if you need anything <3

Change the voices in your head,
make them like you instead

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I really don't know what to try now. - March 5th 2012, 03:23 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I did end up cutting again, but I will keep this in mind for next time I guess. :/

Closed Thread