TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

God, I Can't Do It Again. - March 27th 2012, 02:52 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Triggering for SH, and Female Advice Preferred.

I went 40 friggin days. 40!
Couldn't leave the tools on the counter alone yesterday morning, could I? After 40 days I forgot what it felt like to hide.

Someone help me. I cannot go another 40 days. I can't.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
EmisaurusRex Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Em

Re: God, I Can't Do It Again. - March 27th 2012, 04:00 PM

Kyra, take a deep breath. I know you're probably feeling a lot of different things at the moment, and that's ok.
Truth is, slip-ups happen. You went 40 days! Do you realize that that is incredible? And one slip-up doesn't take those days away. It doesn't erase the days you went without it. Those days still exist. You still fought all that time, and you don't need to be disappointed in yourself. Be proud of how hard you fought, take this moment, and learn from it.
Ok, so you slipped up. I'm not sure why, but if you want to talk about it, you can message me. Now this is really important---don't let the slip-up turn into another and another and another. I understand that after slipping up, it's like...oh great, I just threw my free streak away, and now I remember how it feels. Don't let it get a grip on you again. You're stronger than that.
You can go another 40 days....hell, you can go 41! Set yourself goals, and just take it one moment at a time. When the urges get bad, talk to someone, do something that you enjoy. Get out of the house if you're able to. I'm sure you've gone through the alternatives thread before, but do it again...see if something that didn't work before works now. I've been making a rubber band ball off and on over the last week while getting through urges. It's actually kind of fun. Maybe you could do something like that? Or, since I know you're into theater, you could memorize a monologue. Something like that. Look up cute videos on youtube about kittens. I mean...really, the possibilities are endless. And, I think you know that, because I am sure that within those 40 days, there were times when you got close to giving in. But did you? No, you didn't. You made it 40 whole days. 960 hours. 57,600 minutes. Kyra? I'm proud of you.
So, like I said, take a deep breath. Think of some things you can do to help you get through the hard times. Make a list of reasons why you went 40 days. Remind yourself why you're fighting this, and why you're going to beat it.
You can do this dear. I believe in you.

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
PM me anytime <3

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: God, I Can't Do It Again. - March 27th 2012, 06:06 PM

Hey there,

40 days is fantastic and you should be so proud of yourself for that! You slipped up, we all do, it's a part of recovering and getting through this. Don't be too hard on yourself about it, keep moving forward and learn from this and try to go longer next time.
You can go another 40 days, infact you can go longer, I know you can. Believe in yourself and if you ever get urges use the distractions. Remember it is trial and error and therefore not all of them may work for you but hang in there and you WILL find one that does. Perhaps you could talk to someone about this, such as a family member or a friend, someone that can help and support you and even distract you sometimes.
You CAN get through this, stay strong and if you ever want/need to talk, feel free to PM me,

Take care,
Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: God, I Can't Do It Again. - March 28th 2012, 01:56 AM

I just don't feel like I'm strong enough. I remember what it felt like to be strong and feel confident in myself but I just don't feel that way anymore. I wish I did.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: God, I Can't Do It Again. - March 28th 2012, 05:55 PM

You are strong enough, you need to remember that and i'll always be here to remind you. You CAN get through this, believe in yourself.
Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay it's not the end <3

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: God, I Can't Do It Again. - March 30th 2012, 04:34 AM

Apparently it isn't the friggin end because just guess who I got in a big ass argument with last night and today?!

Closed Thread