TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
This Time I'll Make You Proud.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Unhappy What Have I Done. ._. - April 2nd 2012, 03:52 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Yesterday my dad and I got in a fight with my mom and I left and so did he. I wondered off about a mile or 2 and my dad was gone for a few hours. (I did make it home safe, don't worry.) But the thing is, I got really sad and there's these razor blades, like 32 of them in a basket ._.
And that's when I started cutting for the first time. Now I don't know how to stop. It relieves all of my anger and sadness towards my parents and a few other things. It just feels good. I've talked to a few of my friends who's tried to get me courage to stop but I just can't. ;-; I have about 18 showing marks and I've tried so hard to hide them. But it also burns sometimes. I love it, but I hate it at the same time.
Can anyone help me stop?

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: What Have I Done. ._. - April 2nd 2012, 07:59 PM

Fallon, tell your folks what you;ve done, show them your arms. Let them know what's been going on for you and tell them you need to talk with a doctor, a therapist who can help you understand and cope with the hurt.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
wes
Not a n00b

Name: wes

Post Re: What Have I Done. ._. - April 2nd 2012, 08:16 PM

cutting is a bad thing to start doing and its very addicting i used to do it and its been about a year sence now. but what i'm saying is is that u need to tell some one about it right away its not something you want to start doing it could kill you it took me a few times in the hospital to realize that. you need to tell your parents so you can get some help and stop cutting just remember your not alone. if you every want to talk i'm here

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rosy

Re: What Have I Done. ._. - April 2nd 2012, 08:35 PM

I've got a few methods to help with the cutting. [EDITED]

Another method is the Butterfly Project. Basically, you take a marker or pen or whatever and draw a butterfly on yourself whenever you feel the need to cut. Name the butterfly after somebody who you love. If you cut, then you kill the butterfly.

Last method that I can suggest is the rubber band method. You put the band on your arm or wrist and whenever you feel the need to cut, you snap it. It stings but if you do it gently then it won't leave too bad a mark and it won't make you bleed.

I hope this helps, and I hope you can get better with your self-harming Please, message me if you ever need to talk. I'm almost always online, and I'm always ready to help anybody who needs it.

Be like the birds: sing after every storm.

Last edited by Palmolive; April 5th 2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Encouraging dangerous behaviour

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What Have I Done. ._. - April 2nd 2012, 11:06 PM

I've decided to just stop. It's extremely hard hiding my arms, harder than I thought. If I absolutely need to do anything, I'll do some of the things Rosy listed above. Thank you guys. <3

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: What Have I Done. ._. - April 3rd 2012, 12:25 AM

I'm glad to know you are determined to stop.
As mentioned above stopping as soon as possible is the best thing you can do.

If you need more ideas on how to distract yourself I encourage you to look at this thread.
Also it is great you are talking with your friends for support. You should reach out to your parents or a counselor/psychologist/nurse at school too if you ever have any thoughts about cutting or do hurt yourself again, they can get you help.
I hope this helps and you can PM me if you ever need anything.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What Have I Done. ._. - April 4th 2012, 01:26 AM

Today was hard, but it'll get better soon.

And to Christina; I do see a therapist but our copay went up to $40 so I haven't seen her for a few months. It's so difficult. ;-;

- Bert McCracken

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: What Have I Done. ._. - April 4th 2012, 11:21 PM

I understand, that sounds like a difficult place to be in.
If you ever need someone to talk to, you can call a hotline for advice and support and many of us here on TH are willing to help as much as we can. So do not feel like you have no one to turn to because many of us are here most of the time, that or we come here every day.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#9 (permalink)) Old
kiimmii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What Have I Done. ._. - April 10th 2012, 06:17 PM

hey my name is kim and self harm is relatively new to me i've done it a lot recently though :/ after it left scars on my arm i started on my leg.the last time i did it was just last night .if you can give me some advice message me thank you .

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Christmascane28 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda Nicole

Re: What Have I Done. ._. - April 11th 2012, 12:09 AM

Fallon, I never fully understood the effects of cutting myself until i have done it. i still am and i can't stop. Unfortunatley this habit is addicting and i am still trying to stop, but my mom knows and so does my therapist, it feels weird saying i have one but at the same time it is also relieving to know there is someone out there that you dont need to see at school or see every day or worry about loosing. I'm very careful about where i mark tho, so i wear those wide rubber bracelets sold at Hot Topic and such. but im always here if you want to talk, and relative to you, my cutting began with family problems.

Closed Thread